Limited Duration Bargaining Organizer : Oregon
Oregon AFSCME Council 75
A Democratically Run Union and Proud of it!
Limited Duration Bargaining Organizer
Based in Portland, OR
Oregon AFSCME Council 75 represents over 27,000 workers statewide in both public and private sector and is one of the fastest growing unions in Oregon. We provide excellent service and growth opportunity for our members and leadership with an emphasis on building power. We are interested in individuals who are committed to building power through member engagement.
We are currently seeking to fill a six month limited duration field organizer position with an individual possessing strong organizing skills and experience running field campaigns. The organizer will operate with general supervision and must be self-motivated and able to prioritize and effectively manage a large volume of complex campaigns and issues. The organizer will be responsible for a variety of aspects of multiple bargaining field campaigns including:</span></span>
- Basic labor organizing principles and bargaining knowledge and/or experience
- Building relationships with members and staff
- Working with lost time member organizers
- Recruiting, activating, and developing (with strong follow-up) leaders
- Turning out members/leaders for actions/events
- Worksite visits
- Coordinating bargaining field campaigns
- Develop and run trainings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well versed in social media, databases, and google drive
- Strong project management skills – drafting and implementation.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments o Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Ability to build and maintain positive work relationships, be creative/experimental, and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups
- Willing to work long and irregular hours
- Accepts and applies feedback and constructive criticism from supervisor
- Performs assigned work as required with limited supervision.
- Ability to obtain an insured vehicle and valid driver’s license prior to start date.
Our organization is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and women. Excellent pay and benefits. Resumes and cover letter must be received by February 25, 2019.
Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com