Digital Organizer : Florida
SEIU Local 32BJ
Based in Miami, FL
With 175,000 members in eleven states and Washington, D.C., 32BJ SEIU is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. Our members have fought for and achieved high standards for private and public sector property service workers, and we continue to fight for higher standards for thousands of unorganized service workers.
We are committed to engaging our diverse membership and to developing members to lead in our organizing, political, social justice and contract campaigns.
We seek an effective and creative Digital Organizer to join our digital team, support our organizing program and grow the union’s online presence. This position will be vital in educating, growing and engaging our online audiences, both internal and external, including allies and new and long-term members.
The Digital Organizer should be a data driven, and experienced online organizer with a clear vision on how to use digital platforms to mobilize communities. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter as well as able to work in a collaborative environment, be willing to explore innovative approaches to online organizing, and be personally passionate about our work. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record using video, graphics, Facebook posts and other online tools to support successful union, community or political organizing programs and campaigns.
Digital Organizer responsibilities:
- Writing and editing member/organizing communications in English and Spanish, including copy for e-blasts, mass texts, flyers, social media direct mail, newsletters, digital and print ads and website.
- Working with communications and organizing staff to develop and execute communications strategies to build membership and advance campaigns.
- Develop tactics to support our organizing, contract bargaining and legislative goals.
- Assisting on event and video production, staging and scriptwriting.
- Assisting in planning and implementing communications strategies to support campaigns by producing fact sheets, worker profiles, talking points, leaflets, flyers, and other materials as needed.
- Written and verbal Spanish language fluency, including ability to perform accurate written translations.
- Ability to travel, as well as work nights and weekends, on occasion.
This is a full time position with a full benefits package, including a pension plan and employer-paid health coverage for full-time employees and their eligible dependents.
Qualified candidates may e-mail résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
People of color and women are encouraged to apply.
32BJ SEIU, the largest property service union in the country, is working to create good jobs for 175,000 workers in building, food, security and school services and for all working families. We are an urban, multiracial workers’ organization at the forefront of the fight for economic justice in 12 states and Washington DC. 32BJ works to improve low-wage work and strengthen families and communities.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com