Application System Administrator : New York
SEIU Local 32BJ
Application System Administrator
Based in New York City, NY
With 175,000 members in eleven states and Washington, D.C., 32BJ SEIU is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. Our members have fought for and achieved high standards for private and public sector property service workers, and we continue to fight for higher standards for thousands of unorganized service workers.
We are committed to engaging our diverse membership and to developing members to lead in our organizing, political, social justice and contract campaigns.
The Application System Administrator is responsible for the implementation, configuration and support for various systems utilized within the organization. These systems include but are not limited to BPlogix, HR Passport (an Epicor HRMS), QlikView and Sharepoint. The Administrator will work independently to educate and assist users, and will gather information from users and make recommendations for change to enhance effectiveness.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews existing information-processing systems/applications to evaluate effectiveness and recommends changes to how we use these systems, or recommends new systems, to improve production or workflow; implement system upgrades, as needed;
- Documents current configurations and customizations in HR Passport, and document any changes implemented, for future reference;
- Confers with departmental staff involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and identify and communicate system requirements, including data inputs, workflows, reporting needs, etc;
- Designs and implements workflow processes utilizing BPlogix;
- Works with departmental staff to analyze data needs within the organization and implement reporting tools using QlikView;
- Participates in the leadership, design, implementation, configuration, testing and maintenance of applications, software and technologies;
- Participates in the design and implementation of training relating to new applications and technologies;
- May oversee the installation of new systems;
- Perform tasks as required by management/supervisory staff.
- 5-7 years of proven experience as a System Administrator, or similar role
- MS SQL, PL/SQL or a comparable database language;
- Knowledge of Epicor, QlikView, and/or BPlogix is a plus;
- Knowledge of Object Orientated Programming a plus, VB or C# .NET;
- Experience in requirements gathering, analysis, implementation and support;
- Ability to analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate business functions or improve existing management information systems;
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with non-technical users, both verbally and in writing, and to maintain effective working relationships with project team members, supervisors, and employees from other departments;
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and analytical skills, and strong problem solving skills.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Our benefits package includes employer-paid medical and dental coverage for employees and their qualified dependents, a retirement benefit, and a car allowance.
Please email a résumé and letter of interest to: HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use the word “Applications Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
32BJ SEIU is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com