New York/Massachusetts Regional Director : New York
SEIU Committee of Interns and Residents (CIR)
New York/Massachusetts Regional Director
Based in Queens, NY
(with some travel to Boston)
The Committee of Interns and Residents, the largest resident physicians’ union in the country, is looking for a NY/MA Regional Director, based in Queens, NY (with travel to Boston).
CIR is a nationwide, progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 16,000 resident physicians. Our vision is to be the national voice for interns, residents and fellows to create better working conditions, allowing physicians-in-training the ability to provide the highest quality patient care possible by building power through our Union.
As the NY/MA Regional Director, you will have the opportunity to lead strategic campaigns, participate in collective bargaining, develop staff, and maintain a presence in the field. The NY/MA Regional Director will report directly to the Associate Director.
- Develop and plan campaigns to address workplace issues affecting our members, patients, or healthcare
- Responsible for member leader development, membership engagement, and organizing members around contract enforcement at the worksite
- Lead collective bargaining in private and public sector chapters through the development of the bargaining team, researching of proposals and training staff on the process
- Provide written communications and reports quarterly to members, union leaders, executive board and CIR staff as needed
- Track and maintain accurate records and database for existing and incoming members
- Supervise, develop and ensure organizing staff are achieving local, statewide and national goals
- Lead and coach organizers in membership sign up in challenging open shop environment
- 4 years or more of organizing experience in the labor movement with 2 years’ of experience managing and supervising staff
- External organizing experience, preferred
- Ability to develop, lead and support organizers on the implementation of strategic campaigns
- Experience in collective bargaining, contract enforcement and grievance procedure
- Excellent communication skills to connect with highly-educated professionals in pursuit of a common goal
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and juggle a large workload in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Must be able to travel to Boston
- Expected to be out in the field the majority of the time
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time
A résumé and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for CIR, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan. Please send your résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: NY/MA Regional Director.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com