Associate General Counsel : Massachusetts
AFSCME Council 93
Associate General Counsel
Based in Boston, MA
Salary: $47,754.36 – $92,726.54
Full-time position with responsibility for oral and written advocacy on behalf of public and private sector employees.
- Drafting complaints for administrative agencies or courts.
- Drafting motions, memoranda and other documents for administrative agencies and courts.
- Preparation of cases (interviewing, investigating, seeking out documents).
- Presentation of cases before third parties, e.g., employers, arbitrators, hearing officers, judges.
- Assisting coordinators in a particular area as assigned.
- Attending local meetings or giving talks on legal topics.
- Researching and answering, orally or in writing, legal questions from staff, local officers or members.
- Participating in consultations on strategies for staff and locals to deal with and favorably resolve problems or disputes.
- Incidental assistance to legislative and public relations departments.
- Assisting in organizing campaigns as needed.
- May, at the discretion of the Executive Director, be assigned to and assist in negotiations of collective bargaining agreements.
- Valid Driver’s License and Automobile
Some travel is involved in performing some of the above duties.
Member of Massachusetts Bar required. Admission/application to New Hampshire Bar desirable. One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in labor or employment law preferred.
Interested individuals who have a résumé on file with the Business Office should send a letter of interest only. Other individuals should send a résumé and cover letter to Executive Secretary Anna Owen via fax at (617) 367-6018 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Date: April 1, 2019
Closing Date: April 15, 2019
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com