Political Coordinator : California
SEIU Local 2015
Based in Sacramento, CA
SEIU Local 2015 is California’s Long Term Care workers organization that will unleash the collective power of long term care workers, their families, and their communities, harness the power of technology, and build a broad movement to disrupt the unjust status quo in order to bring lasting transformational change towards a more just society for all.
SEIU Local 2015 represents 372,000 homecare providers, nursing home workers and assisted living center workers throughout California, making it the largest union of long term care givers in California and the second largest SEIU local in the nation. For more information please visit, http://seiu2015.org.
Under the direction of the Political Director, the Political Coordinator is responsible for assisting and representing SEIU Local 2015 in achieving the Political Department goals in the field. This position is also responsible for the directing, supervising, and training the political organizing staff in assigned turf.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a staff of political organizers—developing staff, working with the team to accomplish goals, etc.
- Working knowledge of all the turf assigned to organizers that are direct reports
- Lead staff in meeting COPE fundraising goals
- Lead staff in meeting Membership Sign-Up goals
- Develop a strategic plan for Building, Staffing, and Planning Political Team development
- Monitor member leadership development goals and work with staff to meet them
- Make Strategic assessments about where to use political resources (e.g. which campaigns)
- Work with staff to Develop and execute electoral campaign plans
- Monitor and direct the local’s endorsement process and the SEIU One Voice Process
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for community and electoral relationships
- Plan work as assigned; make and execute daily, weekly, and monthly work plans based on assigned goals and objectives
- Complete all required reporting of data, member outreach, etc.
- Monitor and implement plans to ensure that the local is meeting all political and lobbying reporting requirement
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness and ability to work long, irregular hours, including weekends
- Requires a high level of judgement, leadership, and commitment to the goals of the organization
- Ability to work independently with members and elected leaders in complex political situations
- Proven ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Requires experience in all elements of a political campaign; including leading staff, staff development, budgeting, and planning
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, auto insurance that covers business driving, and an automobile for business use.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary offered based on experience and qualifications.
- Full benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, life and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents and a pension plan.
- Car allowance, cellular phone and laptop.
To Apply for this Position:
Please submit a résumé and cover letter at:
SEIU Local 2015 is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com