Organizing Coordinator : Minnesota
SEIU Healthcare Minnesota
Based in St. Paul, MN
SEIU Healthcare Minnesota is a union representing 35,000 health care workers who have united to build strong communities, a health care system that works for everyone, and to reclaim the American Dream.
The Organizing Coordinator supervises the union’s worker organizing staff as part of several innovative new campaigns to organize workers and community members across Minnesota in our union. This is a statewide position and will work all over the state of Minnesota and occasional out of state travel may be required.
The Organizing Coordinator must have excellent communication skills, oversee the development and supervision of a large and growing staff while keeping work standards high and support all sectors functioning at their highest level. The Organizing Coordinator must provide exceptional leadership and effective management in all areas of dispute resolution and system administration, project completion, information technology and development.
In order for SEIU Healthcare Minnesota to fulfill its core functions effectively, it is essential that all employees perform their jobs in solidarity with the membership and leadership of SEIU Healthcare consistently. The Organizing Coordinator must maintain respectful, professional relationships with union members, stewards, co-workers, the union leadership, and workers the union is organizing. Employees on work time must also show a respectful, professional demeanor at work-sites and in the community. Efforts by any employee to undermine or interfere with the legitimate and lawful goals and priorities of SEIU Healthcare will not be tolerated
- Managing and leading teams of staff and members to carry out campaign plans
- Building organizational leadership identification, recruitment, development, and training.
- Developing and implementing individual staff development plans
- Leading staff by example, setting high standards of performance and holding organizers accountable to results.
- Creating and managing winning campaigns in coordination with the Organizing Director, appropriate departments and union officers.
- Developing campaign plans for multiple priorities and regions.
- Working with organizers to plan Organizing Committee and other meetings
- Developing campaign messages and implementing plans with community members and allies.
- Articulating a positive vision of the project and of the union.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to relate, establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Keeps accurate records and files of campaigns
- Perform other tasks needed in a campaign, including research, list-building, data entry, charting, and creating event calendars, newsletters and campaign flyers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in organizing and leading staff or two years of experience as a Union staff person with increasing responsibilities
- Experience with Union and NLRB elections
- Should have managed a campaign from beginning to end.
- Ability to manage the work of up to 5 staff organizers.
- Ability to build a team, to communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing.
- An understanding of the labor movement and a commitment to improving conditions for working people is essential.
- Willingness to travel, work long, irregular hours, nights, and weekends.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary offered based on experience and qualifications.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, life and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents and a pension plan.
- Car allowance, cellular phone and laptop
Qualified applicants should send a résumé and any references to: Organizing Director, Kassie Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 651-294-8200.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com