Assistant Business Agent : California
IATSE Amusement Area Employees Local B-192
Assistant Business Agent
Based in North Hollywood, CA
IATSE Local B-192 represents amusement area employees at Universal Studios, Hollywood. We are currently seeking an experienced Union Assistant Business Agent. The job expectations and qualifications of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in contract negotiations, including proposal development, contract campaigns, and negotiations.
- Effectively addressing member and employer questions and problems
- Assist in processing grievances and preparing for arbitrations
- Ensuring compliance with collective bargaining agreements;
- Attending meetings, seminars, and conferences as needed
- Visiting jobsite location and disseminating information
- Assist in training and advising stewards in representation work.
- Assist and train leaders to build stronger locals through internal organizing, agency shop and/or external organizing campaigns.
- Reporting and communicating with the executive board and union membership
- Assisting secretary with financial obligations.
- Other related duties as required.
- At least 1 year of related work experience.
- Ability to establish rapport with and organize members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner, with a strong interest and working knowledge of labor rights and contract language.
- Ability to deal with conflicting and changing priorities.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft office and social media.
- Strong commitment to social justice and building the labor movement;
- Experience and training necessary to enforce contracts and conduct contract negotiations;
- Leadership skills to educate and motivate members
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
- Salary DOE
Please submit résumé and cover letter to:
Amusement Area Employees Local B-192, IATSE
5250 Lankershim Blvd., Suite 600
North Hollywood, CA 91601
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com