Web-Graphic Designer : New York
United Healthcare Workers East
Based in New York City, NY
POSITION TITLE: Web-Graphic Designer – NYC
AREA: New York
- Work with communications staff and organizers to provide them with the design support needed to win campaigns.
- Design newsletters, mailers, flyers, booklets and other printed material for our campaigns.
- Design websites, email blasts and other online media from the ground up and maintain current campaign websites.
- Design newspaper ads, billboards, online ads and other paid media.
- Design t-shirts, buttons, signs and other promotional materials.
- Ensure we are following optimal design principles and best practices, and there is a coherent, effective and consistent visual feel to all of our campaigns.
- Coordinate with printing and mail house vendors to make sure materials are delivered on time and bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Excellent ability to work closely with a team, accommodate multiple requests from team members, and assimilate input from multiple sources.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, a positive, enthusiastic attitude and a commitment to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Must be extremely fast, highly efficient and able to handle a heavy production schedule with multiple changing deadlines.
- Flexibility with input, feedback and shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Conscientious attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in design required, master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency required in all necessary print and web design programs, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- At least 2 years’ experience in hands-on web and print design and production.
- Deep commitment to the labor movement, social justice and progressive causes.
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to shoot, edit and produce short campaign videos preferred.
- An ability and commitment to modeling pro-active leadership behavior and skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of databases preferred.
- Prior experience working or volunteering for a progressive political campaign, non-profit organization or union preferred.
- Experience taking quality digital photos preferred.
- Must work well under pressure and thrive in an environment with tight deadlines and irregular hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in the title and every position does not necessarily require the same duties.
Please submit a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1199SEIU is an equal opportunity employer.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com