Senior Campaign Lead – Department: Legislative-Political Department : District of Columbia
Communications Workers of America
Senior Campaign Lead
Department: Legislative-Political Department
Based in Washington, DC
The Legislative-Political Department at the Communications Workers of America (CWA) has been expanding the capacities of its political program including member leadership development, volunteer recruitment, member-to-member engagement, and building alliances with progressive movement organizations. We are looking for someone to develop and lead the membership development pipeline and expand membership engagement in the union’s legislative and political campaigns.
This person will work closely with the Deputy Director of Mobilization and Training to build and implement strategic leadership development and mobilization plans that incorporate staff, Locals and rank-and-file political organizers. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who wants to help further build one of the most progressive and deepest rank-and-file member led programs in the Labor Movement.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Have at least 5 years of demonstrated campaign experience in either worker organizing, political or legislative work, corporate campaigns and/or movement building.
- Have demonstrated commitment to economic and social justice and the labor movement.
- Have advanced communications skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to work long, irregular hours and may involve travel away from home/office.
- Plan, develop and prioritize strategy and tactics, analyzing what is effective
- Leads and directs campaign work
- Develop and manage a campaign budget
- Identify and work with CWA Locals and community partners
- Write and fully communicate a campaign plan and develop campaign metrics
- Will be accountable for all aspects of the campaign and work to objectives/metrics, directing the work of others towards these goals and producing regular reports
- Develop training materials and train locals, staff and community partners
- Responsible for six (6) month campaign evaluation
- Other duties as assigned
- Wages: $87,967.62 – $113,903.96 Annually (Effective 10/1/2019)
- Benefits and other terms as per described in the Memorandum of Agreement.
- This position will not be used to replace regular full time CWA Staff Representatives or District Organizing Coordinators or in lieu of hiring regular full time staff for permanent positions/vacancies.
Please upload a cover letter and résumé to:
Applicants will be required to conduct a mock training as part of the interview process.
CWA is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, does not discriminate an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com