Political Coordinator : Massachusetts
United Healthcare Workers East
Covering the Massachusetts Area
The Political Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing the Union’s Political and Legislative Program for the Massachusetts Division. The primary goals of the Political and Legislative Program include building the political power of the members of 1199SEIU and advancing the Political Action program of the Union. The Political Coordinator assists with member mobilizations and Union wide campaigns. The Political Coordinator will report to the Massachusetts Political Director and coordinate closely with the region’s officers, staff and members.
- Plans and implements political field campaigns for the Union, including legislative and electoral campaigns, PAC and voter registration drives, and member activist building on a chapter level.
- Helps plan and build an on-going activist program that enables leadership development and year-round, comprehensive member engagement in political and legislative work within the larger community and member chapters.
- Supervises Member Political Organizers in electoral campaigns.
- Assists the Massachusetts Political Director in building and maintaining relationships with like-minded allies to win legislative and electoral campaigns.
- Provides briefings and education materials for members around various campaign work.
- Helps execute major union mobilization efforts and events, especially those at the State Capitol.
- Supports the work of Area Directors and Organizers to mobilize members in contract and worksite campaigns and organizes external stakeholders in those efforts.
- Assists New Organizing with campaigns, events, and gaining support from elected officials and allies.
Candidates must have 5 years’ experience in political, community and/or labor organizing.
Candidates have superior written and verbal communications skills. The ideal candidate will be a team player, organized, and able to handle multiple priorities concurrently. A commitment to racial and social justice and workers’ rights is a must. Candidates must have the ability to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends and maintain a valid driver’s license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in the title and every position does not necessarily require the same duties.
Please submit a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1199SEIU is an equal opportunity employer.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com