Contact Center Manager : Oregon
SEIU Local 503
Contact Center Manager
Based in Portland, OR
SEIU 503 is a union of 65,000 public workers, care providers, and non-profit employees in Oregon. We envision a just and vibrant society where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and where all workers can provide for themselves and their families.
Job Opening: July 2019
Contact Center Manager
The Contact Center Manager is responsible for working with the leadership team to meet all performance metrics associated with operations. Responsible for providing: leadership, coaching, development and management of staff. The Contact Center Manager will hire, train, prepare and motivate their staff members to provide excellent service to our Union Members. They will set objectives, run reports, analyze call center metrics, ensure that the organization and staff meet goals and provide reliable, efficient support for our members.
- Provides leadership, development and management of Contact Center Operations by hiring, training, coaching, and leading the teams as they provide support for our members.
- Identifies, collaborates, develops and drives process improvement, detecting trends and working with the management team in establishing contact center goals.
- Conducts and documents coaching, reviews and one-on-one meetings.
- Leads team meetings, asking questions to better understand the calls representatives are receiving, educating and coaching workers regarding processes and practices, and explaining expectations to employees.
- Develops personnel by empowering them, building and supporting their growth.
- Recognizes employee achievements and champions our Union’s core values.
- Champions unionwide initiatives (supporting and embedding changes).
- Partners closely with workforce team to determine and meet staffing requirements, preparing reports and analyzing call center data to improve processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and member satisfaction.
- Analyzes and evaluates performance to detect inconsistencies and drive improvements, to ensure the desired service levels are being achieved, and the highest quality of service is being provided to our members.
- Has the ability to act calmly under stress and pressure, maintaining a positive attitude.
- Is reliable, dependable, and trustworthy.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information and get clearance at different privacy protocols (HIPAA, etc.)
- Analytical skills – Able to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Oral and written communication – Able to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and able to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Member oriented – Able to take care of our members’ needs while following department procedures.
- Decision making – Able to make critical decisions while following department procedures.
- Interpersonal – Able to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Investigative/analytical skills — Able to research information to identify trends and anomalies.
- Leadership – Able to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Management skills – Able to self-organize and self-manage and effectively supervise others.
- Problem solving — Able to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship building – Able to effectively build relationships with members and co-workers.
- Time management – Able to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent training/experience
- 5+ years of related experience in Contact Center doing report analysis and workforce management
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Performance management, coaching and counseling skills
- Strong working knowledge of ACD phone systems, contact center management tools and principles
- Demonstrated proficiency/knowledge base in standard staffing practices/protocol for call centers
- High level of technical competence to include proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience manipulating databases desired
- Exceptional written, verbal skills, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and instills a teamwork philosophy
- Proven and effective leadership and supervisory skills
- Attentiveness to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and report on center performance
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must have experience dealing with conflict management
- Initiative and ability to follow instructions and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Proven experience dealing with crisis and ability to create processes that best benefit the entire team
Pay and Benefits: Positions provide comprehensive fully paid health, dental and vision benefits for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, generous holiday and vacation policies, a monthly car and cell phone allowance, and a 15% employer-paid defined contribution 401K. Compensation range is based on experience, $70,380 – 93,744 annually.
Hiring: We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in Oregon communities. Women, LGBTQ, people of color, and immigrants strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Submit your cover letter describing your interest and a résumé in one attachment (PDF preferred) by e-mail to: carlepseiu503.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com