Research Analyst : New Jersey
SEIU Local 32BJ
Based in Newark, NJ
32BJ SEIU is one of the largest and most dynamic labor unions in the East coast, with over 163,000 members in 11 states and Washington, DC. The Union is at the forefront of building the nation’s labor movement, supporting progressive candidates for elected office and moving a broad policy agenda, including campaigns to guarantee living wages, promote responsible development and expand access to health care. Its parent organization, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), is the nation’s largest labor union.
32BJ’s Research Department plays a vital role in the Union’s organizing campaigns by conducting corporate research, developing, and implementing strategies and tactics to advance campaign goals. Work includes tracking real estate trends and key industry players, performing industry, company and individual research. We have a vacancy for a Research Analyst in our Newark, NJ office.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong commitment to progressive social change and activist/labor movement experience
- Strong technical research skills and ability to apply research to development of strategic organizing campaigns
- Familiarity with corporate research, financial analysis, employment law or investigative journalism
- Experience with a variety of computer-based research tools and good quantitative skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent political and internal organizational skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Enthusiastic commitment to strengthening the labor movement
Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
32BJ offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes employer-paid medical and dental plans for full-time staff and their qualified dependents.
32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Please send a résumé and letter of interest, and a brief writing sample to: HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Research” in the Subject line of your email.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com