AFT Colorado Project Organizer : Colorado
AFT Colorado Project Organizer
Based in Denver, CO
This is a full time organizing position with AFT Colorado. This position is responsible for building relationships with public sector workers while identifying, recruiting, and developing worksite leaders. Organizers will be responsible for developing and implementing organizing plans for assigned areas including building and sustaining the motivation and momentum of members and activists.
Candidates should have strong organizing skills and a commitment to a participatory and progressive labor movement. Work will be based around the Denver area, but may require some statewide travel, and occasionally short-term national travel.
- Identify, recruit and develop leadership;
- Recruit new membership;
- Organize workers and worksite actions;
- Participate in contract/agreement campaigns;
- Conduct mobilization(s) and turn out for actions and meetings;
- Maintain accurate worksite (building and worker) information;
- Communicate with Campaign Lead Organizers and Coordinators;
- Conduct effective house visits and one on one communication;
- Conduct worker meetings and leadership meetings;
- Conduct effective worksite visits
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice
- A strong desire to win for Coloradan working families and public services;
- Strong social, written, and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who is also a solid team player
- Strong Computer skills a plus (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet, Data Management)
- Experience in a labor or community organization a strong plus
- Experience in political organizing a plus
- Strong planning, time-management and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Possession of a valid US driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and an automobile for business use.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours
- Ability to travel
- Spanish – Bilingual is a plus
AFT Colorado is an affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com