Organizing Director, Health Professionals and Allied Employees (HPAE) : New Jersey
Health Professionals and Allied Employees (HPAE)
Based in Emerson, NJ
HPAE is the largest healthcare union in New Jersey. We are a progressive union with a strong political and organizing program and an emphasis on membership participation and mobilization. HPAE is an affiliate of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), and AFT Nurses and Health Professionals.
· Establishes the organizing strategy and selects organizing campaigns based on an analysis of the State’s health care industry and organizing opportunities.
· Sets a plan for outreach to non-union health care workers, and designs program for developing leads.
· Conducts and oversees organizing campaigns.
· Hires and trains organizing staff.
· Provides day to day direction and supervision of organizing staff on organizing campaigns and first contract campaigns.
· Collaborates with membership representation directors and staff for internal organizing campaigns.
· Coordinates organizing campaigns with political and legislative programs.
· Participates in Directors’ team meetings for overall organizational strategic plan activities.
· Consults with HPAE legal counsel in assuring compliance with all laws and arranges representation with any federal, state regulatory and/or Board matters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Successful candidates will have:
· A record of leading successful organizing campaigns;
· Minimum of 5 years of experience as an organizing director;
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in supervision of staff;
· Minimum of 10 years of overall experience as a lead organizer;
· Understanding of the laws and regulations governing union elections;
· Preference will be given to those with direct organizing experience in the healthcare industry.
This position reports to the President and Executive Director.
This position is based out of Emerson, NJ.
Send a cover letter, resume, writing sample/campaign literature, and references by clicking on the link below –
Equal Employment Opportunity and all are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com