Bookkeeper/Office Manager : California
Full Time Benefited Position
San Diego, CA
The Office and Professional Employees International Union, Local 30 (OPEIU Local 30) is a labor union representing approximately 6,000 members. We are seeking a candidate with strong fundamentals in accounting, bookkeeping (Quick Books preferred), staff supervision and excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
The full charge bookkeeper/office manager will support the organization’s operations by working closely with the Executive Director/CFO. This position is responsible for maintaining all financial records, ensuring legal requirement compliance and the supervision of clerical staff and functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Accounting-Maintain all financial records, maintain all ledgers, record payroll and other journal entries, reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements.
- Accounts Payable-Creating, entering, and matching purchase orders and invoices, prepare manual checks, prepare payroll through Paychex or other payroll services, process expenses for reimbursements.
- Accounts Receivable-Sorting and matching checks and invoices, posting cash, checks and credit card payments to proper accounts, preparing bank deposits, recording cash receipt information, reviewing credit memos and/or refunds, applying adjustments to accounts as necessary.
- Organization-Review, categorize, and utilize data to prepare reports such as monthly financials using QuickBooks and Excel. Maintain records and files including journal and general ledger documentation and other miscellaneous filings. Assists CPA/Auditor by preparing for all audits and preparing reporting for quarterly and yearly taxes.
- Operations-Maintains office efficiency by implementing office policies, establishing standards and procedures. Supervises clerical staff, conducts yearly performance evaluations, provides training, coaching, and counseling. Ensures employee confidentiality and ensures compliance with staff union contract.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in all areas of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in office management and supervisory duties.
- Strong Proficiency in QuickBooks required.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficient in processing payroll through Paychex required or other payroll services required.
- Additional experience with bookkeeping for Non-profit organizations desired.
Additional Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Analyzing Information
- Attention to Detail
- Contributes to Team Efforts
- Data Entry Skills
- Dealing with Complexity
- Developing Standards
- High comfort level working in a fast paced, diverse environment
- Promoting of Process Improvement
- Supply Management and Inventory Control
- Tracking Budget Expenses
Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit your résumé and three (3) references with “Bookkeeper/Office Manager” in the subject line to:
Local 30 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, or disability.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com