Web/Mobile Developer (.Net) : District of Columbia, Virginia
Air Line Pilots Association, International
Web/Mobile Developer (.Net)
Based in Tysons, VA
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 62,000 pilots at 35 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Web/Mobile Developer (.Net) for our Tysons (McLean), Virginia office. The Web/Mobile Developer (.Net) gathers user requirements, performs systems design and analysis, and develops and tests Web applications that can be complex. S/he provides input for the lifecycle development of Web/Mobile projects, allowing for integration of corporate technical architecture standards and strategy. S/he collaborates with Web Architects, Web/Mobile Developers, other technology specialists, and often with other departments in the implementation of projects and strategy. To be successful, s/he researches, identifies, and recommends design and technology infrastructure alternatives and assists in their design when appropriate. S/he ensures consistent use of technical architecture standards and assists with complex problem resolution efforts and may also provide recommendations and information to management regarding technology direction and/or drawbacks and glitches.
Routine responsibilities include being thorough and precise in his/her work; testing websites and identifying any technical problems; and, keeping up to date with advances and international Web standards and protocols and how they affect the business environment. (The current operating environment includes Sitecore, DNN, and Aptify.) The successful candidate is an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, and consistently exercises skills in creativity, concentration, and understanding their client/customer base.
Travel: 5 – 10 %.
Interested applicants are requested to submit online portfolio link(s) showing previous work.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, e.g., Computer Science, IT, Web Applications, or related field, from an accredited college or university required; master’s degree or completion of post-graduate courses in related field preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- Five (5) years of related experience required, more strongly preferred. Additional applicable experience may be substituted for the academic requirement.
- Web design, mobile applications development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), and database management required.
- Expertise with Visual Studio .Net; ASP.Net; C#; Xamarin, Java; SQL Server; and, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft .Net Framework and client/server-side architecture required.
- Experience with .NET-based CMS systems strongly preferred.
- Expertise with Web/Mobile-based security and familiarity with authentication environments, particularly ADFS and IdentityServer, strongly preferred.
- Experience with design, requirements gathering, and working with systems analysts strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge/skills troubleshooting/debugging .NET code; UI/frontend design; Windows IIS server setup; and, Web services strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
- Must be a self-starter with professional maturity and sound judgment, capable of independent decision-making.
- Must possess exceptional time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; and, transition easily between projects.
- Software: Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, and converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel locally and nationally; international travel may be required infrequently. Also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, may be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Please apply online at: https://jobs-alpa.icims.com/jobs/1329/web-mobile-developer/job
ALPA offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including:
- 26 days paid vacation and holidays per year;
- Generous sick and bereavement leave;
- Generous health care benefits – PPO, two HMO’s (where available) and a High Deductible Health Plan which includes coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, spouse, and/or dependent children;
- Company-paid premiums for disability and life insurance;
- $3 for $1 matching 401(k) retirement savings plan; Roth 401k;
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts; and
- Retiree health plan.
The Air Line Pilots Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation Not Provided.
Sponsorship not available for this position.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com