Operations and Executive Manger : California
Working Partnerships USA
Operations and Executive Manger
Based in San Jose, CA
Founded in 1995, Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. We build the capacity of workers, low-income neighborhoods and communities of color to lead and govern. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for quality jobs, healthy communities, equitable growth and a democracy that works for all. We are co-founders of Silicon Valley Rising, a community-labor coalition work to inspire the tech industry to build an inclusive, middle class.
Working Partnerships USA is seeking a motivated, organized, inquisitive and detail-oriented individual, with a commitment to racial and economic justice, to help our operations and executive teams be as effective as possible. The Operations and Executive Manager will support our senior leadership team in effectively carrying out the programs and mission of the organization. This person will be responsible for a variety of administrative, finance, and program functions, including acting as a point of contact for external partners, and managing the flow of information and project details internally.
THIS ROLE IS IDEAL FOR
- Someone with 4+ years of experience in labor, social/racial justice, or progressive government;
- Someone highly motivated who enjoys administrative and operational work;
- Someone able to effectively manage many different projects and tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- An individual able to thrive in a fast-paced, campaign environment.
Executive Support (50%):
- Provide clerical support, scheduling and travel arrangement, accepting and making phone calls, writing memos, reviewing written documents and synthesizing action required, and other tasks as needed;
- Driving assigned projects on behalf of the Leadership Team, including campaign related or program related projects that require tracking team member tasks and objectives;
- Managing information flow internally and externally, including providing written reports and presentations, to ensure effective execution of our work;
- Provide lead thinking and logistics support for team meetings, retreats, and other internal capacity building events;
- Support Board functions, including preparing board packets and correspondence, note taking, scheduling, and other assignments as requested;
Finance Support (30%):
- Oversee and process bills, checks, invoices and reimbursements (accounts payable and receivable);
- Manage information and communications between internal team and external finance team;
- Support staff in using billing and reimbursement systems;
- Support staff in using accounting system to generate financial reports;
Event Planning & Network Management (20%):
- Support logistics involved in organizing regular program meetings and events, including our Champions for Change, our annual partners celebration;
- Work with staff team to schedule internal meetings, calls, and support for our affiliates as necessary;
- Manage alumni and ally network engagement, including communications and event planning;
- Participate and take responsibility for events in support of our agenda and campaigns as needed;
- Alignment with our organizational values and vision
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, gender, economic and environmental justice
- Positive attitude and flexibility – things change and you’re both proactive and ok with that, especially in a fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive approach with an eye to planning for the future – you ask the questions needed to create systems that work for immediate and future needs
- Extremely detail-oriented self-starter – you pay attention to details and thoroughly check work
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – you practice the rigor needed for spelling, grammar, and concise and clear communications
- Comfortable supporting technology platforms and hardware – you have a can-do attitude when it comes to technology
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with technology platforms for a remote staff preferred (Google Drive, Slack, Zoom)
- Experience with bookkeeping software (xero or quickbooks) preferred
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
This position is based in San Jose, California. Annual salary range for this position is $60,000-$67,000 and will be based on experience. Generous benefits package, including full family health insurance and 401(k). This is a full-time, exempt position and an excellent opportunity for those seeking career advancement over time.
Working Partnerships USA is an affirmative action employer, and we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position. We therefore make special efforts to recruit individuals from groups that are historically under-represented in professional environments, or that suffer broader societal discrimination.
Please send a letter of interest, résumé, and a list of professional references including at least one supervisor to: email@example.com, with “Operations and Executive Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting on July 1, 2019 until filled.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com