Executive Assistant : Washington
Located at the Headquarters in Seattle, WA
Reports to: Executive Officers and General Counsel
Classification: This is a salaried, overtime-exempt position, not included in staff union
Location: Headquarters in Seattle WA.
Summary: Want to work for an organization that is changing the lives of low wage workers and building a labor movement for the future? SEIU 775 represents more than 45,000 long-term care workers across the Northwest, and is the region’s fastest growing union. SEIU is helping to lead national fights for affordable health care for all, a fair economy, comprehensive immigration reform, and the free choice for all workers to form a union. We advocate for quality long-term care for Medicaid clients, and an end to poverty among caregivers and low wage workers in general.
We are looking for an experienced, highly skilled, motivated, and successful person to join SEIU 775 in our fight. At SEIU 775, the Executive Assistant is a key player, providing support to our president and other executives and driving key commitments, events, projects, and programs within the organization.
Job Description: Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support and assistance to the President, is a key partner in managing the President’s schedule, travel, and contacts, supports the General Counsel, and provides support for other officers as needed. The Executive Assistant also provides administrative support for the Executive Board and meetings of the organization’s staff. This is a key member of the senior leadership team.
The ideal candidate will skillfully navigate and prioritize regular and urgent executive and organizational needs/projects, and will timely communicate status, updates, plans, etc. clearly and with appropriate level of urgency. The tasks and duties associated with this position are varied, depending on the needs of the organization. Representative tasks and duties include:
- Provide administrative, office, and clerical support for the President, General Counsel and other Officers.
- Scheduling and appointments, and calendar management, especially for the President. This is approximately 40% of this job, and requires an individual who is confident, independent, and provides a great deal of attention to detail. Speed in execution, good judgment, professional comportment and accuracy are required.
- Travel arrangements and coordination. The President travels frequently, and travel arrangements often have to be re-organized as meetings and plans change, sometimes at irregular hours. Travel arrangements and coordination for the rank and file Executive Board members must be made at least a quarterly basis.
- Other support to Executive Office includes word processing, mail handling, call routing, computer help desk functions, drafting correspondence and reports, spreadsheets and presentations, general office management, event planning, and personal assistance including preparation and management of expense records.
- Filing and record-keeping for the organization’s governance-related, governmental affairs, and executive support activities and documents, including Executive Board minutes, Convention proceedings, and other reports.
- Event and meeting planning for staff meetings, Executive Board meetings, retreats, conferences, and other meetings, including all aspects of meeting logistics, turn-out, and preparation, such as scheduling, venue planning, travel, materials production, vendor relations, and staff support for event.
- Process expense reports and authorizations.
- Administer executive-level and governance-related events on the organization’s master calendar.
- Perform record-keeping, mailings and correspondence related to Executive Board meetings and business. Administration & enforcement of document retention and destruction policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requirements of the Position: An accomplished administrative support professional with a “whatever it takes” “whenever necessary” attitude, experience in providing support to busy executives, a true believer in the mission of our organization, a committed team builder.
- Political and social media savvy
- Expertise managing and navigating Outlook email and calendars and social media platforms
- High level proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with SharePoint and Salesforce a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn new technical tools as necessary
- Polished writing
- Ability work with databases
- Remarkable ability to multi-task and track multiple objectives
- Flexibility to react quickly to changing circumstances
- Masterful travel coordination
- Sound political judgment
- Event planning and production
- Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate experience)
- Experience in politics or legislative affairs, organizational governance
- Experience with legal correspondence and record-keeping
- Experience in organizational change and business process improvement
Other Requirements: Fluency in English (Written and Oral). Ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours and weekends when necessary. Travel as required.
Preferences: Experience coordinating staff at all levels of the organization; working with a labor union, progressive non-profit, community organization, advocacy group, political campaign or elected official; fluency in a second language; demonstrated commitment creating positive worker/employer relationships.
Women, LGBTQ and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation: Competitive pay, great benefits, great team, exciting work. Salary range is $68,000 – $87,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits, including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a defined-benefit pension plan, 401(k), generous paid leave time, ORCA Transit card, monthly parking, cell phone and health club allowance, and more.
How to Apply: If you’re qualified and interested, email your résumé, a cover letter telling us why you want to work at SEIU 775 and how your experience prepares you for this job and three references with current contact information on the SEIU 775 Career Site.
See www.seiu775.org for more information.
SEIU 775 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, creed, gender, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, the presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other discrimination prohibited by law. In addition to federal law requirements, SEIU 775 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com