Political Organizer – Monterey County and surrounding areas : California
Based in Monterey County and Surrounding Areas, CA
To represent and assist SEIU Local 2015 in achieving the Political Department goals in the field; to supervise, train and direct political organizing staff in assigned turf; designs and implements political plans in assigned turf.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Political Organizer performs a wide range of duties and responsibilities which may encompass many of those included in the Lead Political Organizer job description. Such as:
- Lead a staff of political organizers—developing staff, working with the team to accomplish goals, etc.
- Working knowledge of all the turf assigned to organizers that are direct reports.
- Lead staff in meeting COPE fundraising goals.
- Lead staff in meeting Membership Sign-Up goals.
- Develop a strategic plan for Building, Staffing, and Planning Political Team development.
- Monitor member leadership development goals and work with staff to meet them.
- Make Strategic assessments about where to use political resources (e.g. which campaigns).
- Work with staff to Develop and execute electoral campaign plans.
- Monitor and direct the local’s endorsement process and the SEIU One Voice Process.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for community and electoral relationships.
- Plan work as assigned; make and execute daily, weekly, and monthly work plans based on assigned goals and objectives.
- Complete all required reporting of data, member outreach, etc.
- Monitor and implement plans to ensure that the local is meeting all political and lobbying reporting requirements.
- Work independently exercising judgement within the scope of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition, the Political Coordinator will routinely:
- Supervise, lead, assign, and evaluate staff including developing individual work plans with staff and overseeing their implantation and evaluation. Administer corrective discipline including termination if necessary
- Recruit, interview, and recommend hiring staff.
- Formulate and administer political plans and campaigns, develops campaign budgets, oversees office administration. Authorizes expenditures within the campaign budget.
- Mentors staff in building political power, training among staff as it relates to member political organizing, COPE growth, new member organizing and coordinate multiple campaigns.
- The Political Organizer position requires a high level of judgment, leadership, and commitment to the goals of SEIU local 2015 and its leaders.
- The Political Organizer must be able to work independently with members and elected leaders in complex political situations.
- The Political Organizer must have experience in all elements of a political campaign, including leading staff, staff development, planning, and budgeting.
- The Political Organizer must be available for travel. The position often requires long and irregular hours.
Scope and Nature of Supervision:
- The Political Organizer must be able to act and organize his/her time independently and report regularly to his/her supervisor.
To Apply For This Position:
E-mail or fax a detailed résumé, cover letter, a one-page writing sample and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to
In subject of email: Position Title of Position you are applying for
Attn: Human Resources
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com