Bookkeeper/Office Manager : Maryland
Teachers Association of Baltimore County
Based in Towson, MD
TABCO is an association/union representing all “teachers” in Baltimore County Public Schools. TABCO is affiliated with the Maryland State Education Association and the National Education Association; all part of one professional organization. MSEA and NEA provide services and benefits and revenue to TABCO. TABCO represents over 9,000 individuals.
To achieve equity and excellence in public schools, we, the members of the Teachers Association of Baltimore County, EMPOWER ourselves to LEAD our profession and ADVOCATE for educators, students and the community.
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager is a union position and reports to the TABCO Executive Director. The position supports the program and administrative functions at TABCO to ensure all office needs are met daily. This includes developing and maintaining digital and paper files of contracts and regulatory documents, performing financial transactions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, and processing human resources and employee benefits information. The Bookkeeper/Office Manager will develop and maintain a welcoming office environment and will provide consistent and direct contact with all TABCO staff, board members and other affiliates as the operations requires. The position will also coordinate the logistics for all board and staff meetings, and other events as determined by the executive director.
- Accounts Payable – seek approval of invoice by president and executive director, prepare checks for treasurer to sign, and process payment to vendors;
- Accounts Receivable – record all incoming payments, prepare bank deposits, reconcile cash receipts summary each month, and post journal entries in general ledger;
- Audit/Review – scan all ADP payroll reports, tax records, bank statements, bank receipts, MSEA grant requests & payments into appropriate electronic files;
- Bank Receipts – record and maintain all monthly bank deposits;
- Budget – work with Association treasurer to prepare monthly ledger reports to various committees and board of directors, and prepare salary information for staff including fringe benefits;
- Salary/Personnel –Work with Association treasurer in preparing all payments to vendors and staff personnel;
- Retirement contribution – maintain and coordinate all retirement (pension) and 401K contributions and records;
- Insurance – maintain and coordinate all insurance payments and records;
- Change of signature for officers – coordinate appropriate changes with the onboarding of new officers and exiting officers;
- Worker Comp Filings – maintain and coordinate all workers compensation claims and records as necessary;
- ESPBC Dues -maintain and coordinate all ESPBC records and dues payments as necessary;
- Time Sheets/Office Schedule – maintain and coordinate all staff time sheet records as well as work schedules;
- Release time – coordinate release time request for TABCO & ESPBC staff;
- Assist Association President, leadership and Executive Director as necessary;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Associates Degree, Bachelor’s degree desirable;
- Minimum of five years of experience working as a bookkeeper or other financial position with responsibilities in accounts payable and/or receivables;
- Minimum of three years of experience working as an office manager or in a similar role;
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment;
- Ability to draft correspondence, edit and complete reports independently;
- Ability to work on tight deadlines with a high level of efficiency and accuracy;
- Ability to interact effectively with other staff members and the ability to coordinate various job responsibilities of staff members;
- Ability to work independently, exercise expert judgement, initiative, and resourcefulness;
- Ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Publisher, and Excel, and Peachtree Accounting system
Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, and ability to lift and carry loads of 50lbs. or more.
Please fill out our application form found HERE. Our contact address is on the form.
The deadline for submission of a letter of interest is the close of business (5:00p.m) on Friday, October 25, 2019.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com