Program Representative : New York
New York State Nurses Association
Based in the New York City, NY area
The New York State Nurses Association is a labor organization of over 40,000 frontline nurses standing together for strength at work, nursing practice, safe staffing, and healthcare for all. We are New York’s largest union and professional association for registered nurses. The Program Representative reports to an Area Director and is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Association’s member representation and mobilization program in their assigned geographic NYC area and/or facilities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Represent the Association and the member representation/mobilization program to local bargaining unit members, employers, and other groups.
- Review and analyze developments and trends in the delivery of health care, nursing practice, and labor relations pertinent to the member representation and mobilization program and make recommendations to the Area Director.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Association programs and activities and their interrelationships.
- Perform all duties of contract administration, grievance administration, and local bargaining unit representation on behalf of the Association.
- Perform all duties of securing and negotiating collective bargaining agreements covering all facilities and matters relating to their area of responsibility.
- Assist in organizing new and residual groups of nurses for the primary purpose of securing recognition of the Association as their collective bargaining representative in all employment matters.
- Internally organize, mobilize and educate members about the Association’s goals and work plan, develop member leaders and advocates and further the work plan of the Association including its representation, organizing, and political, community and legislative goals.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Area Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficient in written communication at a professional level.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and databases.
- Willingness to work the necessary hours to meet work goals and fulfill the obligations of the position assigned which may include working on evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Negotiations, contract administration, internal organizing, labor agreement implementation and member mobilizing experience required.
- Labor experience with a background in nursing and/or healthcare preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are critical.
- Significant travel required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter of interest and résumé to: email@example.com, with the subject line “Program Representative.” NYSNA offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com