Central Regional Director : Illinois
Actors’ Equity Association
Central Regional Director
Based in New York City, NY
Actors’ Equity Association, the labor union representing more than 51,000 actors and stage managers in the professional theatre throughout the United States is seeking a highly experienced person to serve as Central Regional Director (CRD). Working in the Central Regional Office in Chicago, and reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the operations and management of the Centrtal Office and overseeing supervision of Central Regional staff. The CRD is also responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Equity’s elected leadership, membership at large, and Equity bargaining partners. As part of the Executive Team, the CRD will work to develop and implement the administrative vision which integrates key national and regional goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as lead negotiator and/or supervise negotiation of all Central Region collectively bargained agreements and participate in national negotiations as assigned.
- Oversee the administration of all collectively bargained agreements for the Central Region. Continuously analyze best practices for efficient and effective management of agreements.
- Responsible for the efficient administration of the Central Regional office, its staff, and its financial affairs, reporting to the Executive Director, and working in consultation with the Assistant Executive Director for Finance and Administration with respect to overall national administrative and financial matters.
- In consultation with the Executive Director and the Assistant Executive Director for Finance and Administration, participate in the budgeting process and provide oversight for activities relevant to the Central Region.
- Serve as direct supervisor to senior management in the Central Region.
- Comply with, support and enforce all policies established by Council, Equity’s national elected leadership.
- Serve as staff representative to the Central Regional Board.
- In addition to regular, ongoing communication, provide a Central Region annual report to the Executive Director.
- Develop networks of external stakeholders, e.g. local and state labor federations, entertainment industry labor groups, and producers.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders including elected leadership, and members at large.
- Serve as an Equity spokesperson on Central Regional matters in coordination with the Communications Department and the National Office.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability
- Bachelors Degree
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a supervisory role with increasing responsibility and 5 years of demonstrated successful leadership in a senior management role required
- Management experience in motivating, supervising, and developing employees while building a healthy and balanced work environment required
- Previous experience working with a board of directors required
- Proven success serving as a lead negotiator required
- Ability to work and thrive in a high pressure environment required
- Demonstrated success in relationship building required
- Experience in the performing arts highly preferred
- Travel required
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer funded defined benefit pension plan
Please visit: https://www.actorsequity.org/aboutequity/Jobs/.
Actors’ Equity Association is committed to creating a diverse& inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in the workplace regardless of age, gender and gender identity, race/ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com