Data Manager : Illinois
SEIU Local 73
Based in Chicago, IL
SEIU Local 73 seeks to fill the Chicago-based position of Data Manager to manage the union’s data systems. The successful candidate will play an active role in supporting the union’s organizing, representation, political programs, and the union’s administrative operations. The Data Manager will be a key member of the staff and play a critical role in providing leaders of the union with the data and analysis that is critical to achieving the union’s strategic goals.
Successful managers at SEIU Local 73 have a progressive orientation and can be nimble in shifting priorities to the changing needs of a growing, dynamic organization. The successful candidate for the position will have a passion for the mission of Local 73 and will be able to connect and align the data functions of the union to the Local’s strategic goals.
About SEIU Local 73
With nearly 30,000 members, SEIU Local 73 has a proud history of raising standards for workers and their families. The Local represents service, technical and professional workers in the public sector in Illinois and Indiana who are employed in state government, local government, school districts, publically funded social service agencies and colleges and universities.
Local 73 is committed to bettering the lives of working people through organizing workers to create a powerful voice on their job to win fair wages, meaningful benefits, a sustainable retirement and job protection.
SEIU Local 73 is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) with more than two million members in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Local 73 is united with those two million members in a shared belief in the dignity of workers and the value of their work and in a commitment to a more just and humane society.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Maintain data, as needed to keep the union’s data system current, clean and up to date with the latest information.
- Process all incoming data from employers, prepare and upload to the database system (currently a Salesforce-based system).
- Prepare template reports and train other staff to generate them.
- Train staff on field organizer data system (currently Catalist/VAN).
- Process list requests as needed and approved.
- Process Catalist/VAN export and import updates.
- Serve as primary liaison and technical expert with database contractor, and data vendors.
- Produce and distribute required regular reports.
- Prepare export files for communications department, plus member, new employee, and new bargaining unit mailings, and bar coding templates (creation and importing).
- Train and direct administrative support staff assigned to assist with administrative data needs, including data entry and cleanup.
- Ability to monitor data quality/system integrity, identify and dig into issues and interface with external system manager to get resolution.
- Participate in SEIU network of data coordinators across the U.S. and Canada.
- Make recommendation to senior leadership of standards and protocols for union data management and security procedures to ensure the safety and integrity of data and lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following professional and personal abilities, attributes and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in managing large amounts of data, importing and exporting data, implementing security systems and procedures, writing and training users to use technology.
- Experience manipulating and cleaning data files related to personal records (including assessing the quality of data, establishing logic-based protocols for privileging the best data source, etc.).
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an organization of similar size and complexity (labor union experience a plus).
- Strong project management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within tight timeframes; demonstrated adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness in setting priorities and organizing work; a results-driven approach to setting goals and celebrating accomplishments.
- Commitment and capacity to maintain the highest level of integrity, judgment, confidentiality and discretion in leading, and in managing information and resources.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and MS Office, and advanced Excel (VAN an SQL experience strongly preferred, but not required).
The position is based in the Chicago headquarters of the union.
Long and irregular hours frequently required.
Minimal amount of travel and very occasional overnight travel may be required.</span></span>
The position includes a competitive salary based on experience and a package of benefits that includes paid holidays, vacations, fully paid health benefits including health, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits. All staff in the union are participants in a defined benefit pension plan fully paid by the employer.
Submit cover letter with salary requirements and résumé to:
Tyson Roan, Chief of Staff
SEIU Local 73
300 S Ashland St
Chicago IL 60607
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com