Receptionist/Clerk Part Time – Pinellas Classroom Teachers Association : Florida
Receptionist/Clerk Part Time
Pinellas Classroom Teachers Association
Based in Largo, FL
UNIT DESCRIPTION: The Pinellas Classroom Teachers Association is the recognized bargaining agent and legal representative for 7,500 teachers and 2,500 educational support professionals through the Pinellas Educational Support Professionals Association. Currently there are approximately 4900 members in the two organizations. PCTA and PESPA are innovative locals with a strong tradition of member advocacy and support. The Association was a pioneer in collective bargaining in the South and has engaged in substantial organizational and educational reform.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a part time (12-14 hours per week, to be determined) Receptionist/Clerk position that reports to the Support Operations Manager. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, greet members in person and by phone, providing clerical support to the Executive Director, professional employees and the elected leadership of the Association. Professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate is required. Office experience is preferred. Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Access, PowerPoint is essential. It is preferable to have experience with Publisher or a comparable program. The ability to communicate both orally and in writing and knowledge of general office operations and procedures is imperative. This position requires a positive personality, creativity and highly motivated individual.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Timely answer of telephone calls, take messages and/or connecting those calls to the appropriate staff.
- Assist professional staff as assigned by Support Operations Manager.
- Clerical duties as assigned by the Support Operations Manager.
- Greet members/public in a professional manner and provide information to the appropriate staff.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of materials for association meetings and workshops.
- Sort and/or produce multiple quantities of materials and work products for distribution to worksites.
- Create flyers when requested.
- File and maintain office supplies as directed by Support Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Hourly rate based on experience and collective bargaining agreement. Employer paid holidays, vacation and sick leave based on the hours worked.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Please send letter of application, résumé and references by clicking on the link provided below –
Equal Employment Opportunity and all are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com