Field Coordinators : California
California Democratic Party
2020 Coordinated Campaign
Alameda, Contra Costa, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Fresno,
Kern, Ventura, L.A., Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego
We have a huge challenge and a great opportunity in 2020. Together we can elect strong Democrats from the local to the state level, help pass progressive ballot measures and play a national role in electing a Democratic President. We want to build a statewide coordinated program that make millions of phone calls, knocks on hundreds of thousands of doors, engages tens of thousands of volunteers and builds our capacity as a Party.
To do that we will need to build on the energy and great work of 2018 when thousands of volunteers across the state came out in large numbers day after day to flip 7 Congressional seats. In 2020 we want to be sure that every Democrat and every person who supports our Democratic ticket can find a way to pitch in – no matter where they live across the state and no matter whether they can volunteer full time every week or only for an hour here or there. To make that possible, we need to be well-organized, draw on all the talents of our Party leaders, activists and partner organizations, and utilize the most cutting-edge technological tools.
The Party will have two programs, one for Battleground counties where we have overlapping targeted races for Congress and State Senate and Assembly. And one for our Blue Wave counties where we’ll be building our base capacity.
Field Coordinator Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Working with the assigned Area Director, local Party leaders and activists, targeted candidate campaigns and partner organizations to plan and implement a county-wide, year-round field program, including setting numeric goals for voter contact and other programs in a Battleground County;
- Helping lead the local effort through ongoing planning, training and capacity building, especially in the areas of volunteer recruitment and management, direct voter contact, using data and technological tools to support field efforts, setting up tracking systems, and coalition building;
- Helping set up and manage all program logistics from setting up an office and compliance call system, to running regular phonebanks and precinct walks, to supporting Dem Party and partner meetings at the office;
- Participating in daily check-in meetings or calls each day with assigned Area Director;
- Managing and supporting timely input of data and providing regular written, verbal and on-line reports to the Area Director.
Ideal Experience Requirements:
- One or more years of experience with political /electoral campaigns
- Strong training experience
- Be a motivated self-starter with a commitment to the Democratic Party’s goals
- Experience in working with coalitions and volunteer run organizations
- Familiarity with community and political landscape in region in which she or he will be working
- Language skills appropriate to working with a linguistically and culturally diverse team of leaders and activists
- Excellent listening and communication skills and good judgment in interacting and communicating with the public
- Ability to work quickly and thrive under tight deadlines
- Ability to be accountable and to hold others accountable
- Willingness and ability to take direction and function well within a team structure
- Willingness to learn new skills and keep current on the news and issues that affect the campaign
- Ability to project a positive image of the Party and the campaign
- Good computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to create and update Google Documents and know or be comfortable learning to use voter data programs (PDI specifically)
- Flexibility and ability to “roll with the punches” in a fast-paced campaign
- Long and irregular schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- This is a temporary position from January 2020 – November 2020.
- Staff in this position will be employed by GroundWorks Campaigns, Inc. to work on the California Democratic Party’s 2020 Coordinated Campaign.
Battleground Counties – Alameda, Contra Costa, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Fresno, Kern, Ventura, L.A., Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego
GroundWorks Campaigns, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, economic status or any other protected class.
Reports To: Tracy Zeluff, Field Director, Lea Grundy, Deputy Director, and assigned Area Director
Please submit cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by December 11, 2019.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com