Data Manager : California
California Democratic Party
2020 Coordinated Campaign
We have a huge challenge and a great opportunity in 2020. Together we can elect strong Democrats from the local to the state level, help pass progressive ballot measures and play a national role in electing a Democratic President. We want to build a statewide coordinated program that make millions of phone calls, knocks on hundreds of thousands of doors, engages tens of thousands of volunteers and builds our capacity as a Party.
To do that we will need to build on the energy and great work of 2018 when thousands of volunteers across the state came out in large numbers day after day to flip 7 Congressional seats. In 2020 we want to be sure that every Democrat and every person who supports our Democratic ticket can find a way to pitch in – no matter where they live across the state and no matter whether they can volunteer full time every week or only for an hour here or there. To make that possible, we need to be well-organized, draw on all the talents of our Party leaders, activists and partner organizations, and utilize the most cutting-edge technological tools.
The Party will have two programs, one for Battleground counties where we have overlapping targeted races for Congress and State Senate and Assembly. And one for our Blue Wave counties where we’ll be building our base capacity.
Data Manager Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Work with the Field Director, Data Director, CADEM leadership and the overall campaign team to develop and implement the statewide Coordinated Campaign plan and meet agreed-upon timelines and goals;
- Set up and maintain the PDI Online account to be used for the coordinated campaign, including setting up universes and scripts, and controlling access to the system;
- Oversee use of the click-dial system for phonebanking, including creating and updating calling campaigns and working with local coordinators to troubleshoot any issues that arise;
- Set up and monitor use of decentralized online phonebank tools, including creating and updating calling campaigns;
- Respond to requests for locally targeted phone and walk lists as appropriate;
- Develop and produce shareable training materials related to the use of data/tech tools for the coordinated campaign;
- Develop strategic voter analysis (reports, maps, presentations, etc.) to help guide and evaluate our work;
- Stay current on the landscape of data/tech tools used in political field campaign work;
- Working with a mix of Battleground and Blue Wave counties on their 2020 field campaigns, support local Party leaders and activists, targeted candidate campaigns and partner organizations in planning and implementing the use of data/tech tools for local, year-round field programs, including training and tech support.
Ideal Experience Requirements:
- Two or more years of experience with political / electoral campaigns in the data/tech area
- Familiarity with the PDI Online Campaign Center
- Strong training and tech support experience
- Be a motivated self-starter with a commitment to the Democratic Party’s goals
- Experience in working with coalitions and volunteer run organizations
- Extensive technical skills – familiar with PDI Online Campaign Center or willing to learn quickly – comfortable with database and spreadsheet applications, as well as other relevant data/tech tools
- Ability to work quickly and thrive under tight deadlines
- Ability to be accountable and to hold others accountable
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent listening and communication skills and good judgment in interacting and communicating with staff and volunteers who are not tech-savvy
- Willingness and ability to take direction and function well within a team structure
- Willingness to learn new skills and keep current on the news and issues that affect the campaign
- Ability to project a positive image of the Party and the campaign
- Flexibility and ability to “roll with the punches” in a fast-paced campaign
- Long and irregular schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- This is a temporary position from December 2019 – November 2020.
- Staff in this position will be employed by GroundWorks Campaigns, Inc. to work on the California Democratic Party’s 2020 Coordinated Campaign.
GroundWorks Campaigns, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, economic status or any other protected class.
Reports To: Tracy Zeluff, Field Director and Anne Kamsvaag, Data Director
Please submit cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11, 2019.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com