Area Directors : California
California Democratic Party
2020 Coordinated Campaign
Rough geographic areas will be
So Cal, LA, and Central Coast; Central Valley; Bay Area and Northern CA
We have a huge challenge and a great opportunity in 2020. Together we can elect strong Democrats from the local to the state level, help pass progressive ballot measures and play a national role in electing a Democratic President. We want to build a statewide coordinated program that make millions of phone calls, knocks on hundreds of thousands of doors, engages tens of thousands of volunteers and builds our capacity as a Party.
To do that we will need to build on the energy and great work of 2018 when thousands of volunteers across the state came out in large numbers day after day to flip 7 Congressional seats. In 2020 we want to be sure that every Democrat and every person who supports our Democratic ticket can find a way to pitch in – no matter where they live across the state and no matter whether they can volunteer full time every week or only for an hour here or there. To make that possible, we need to be well-organized, draw on all the talents of our Party leaders, activists and partner organizations, and utilize the most cutting-edge technological tools.
The Party will have two programs, one for Battleground counties where we have overlapping targeted races for Congress and State Senate and Assembly. And one for our Blue Wave counties where we’ll be building our base capacity.
Area Director Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Working with the Field Director, CADEM leadership and the overall campaign team to develop and implement the statewide Coordinated Campaign plan and meet agreed-upon timelines and goals;
- Working with a mix of Battleground and Blue Wave counties on their 2020 field campaigns;
- Working with local Party leaders and activists, targeted candidate campaigns and partner organizations to plan and implement local, year-round field programs, including setting numeric goals for voter contact and other programs;
- Supporting local efforts with ongoing planning, training and capacity building, especially in the areas of volunteer recruitment and management, direct voter contact, using data and technological tools to support field efforts, setting up tracking systems, and coalition building;
- In Battleground counties, managing CADEM 2020 Field Coordinators to help them meet daily and weekly campaign goals by providing training, coaching, modeling, and accountability;
- Facilitating daily check-in meetings or calls each day with Coordinators;
- Managing and supporting timely input of data and reports from the County programs and providing regular written, verbal and on-line reports to the Field Director, Deputy Director and leadership team.
Ideal Experience Requirements:
- Three or more years of experience with political /electoral campaigns
- Staff management experience
- Strong training experience
- Be a motivated self-starter with a commitment to the Democratic Party’s goals
- Experience in working with coalitions and volunteer run organizations
- Familiarity with community and political landscape in region in which she or he will be working
- Language skills appropriate to working with a linguistically and culturally diverse team of leaders and activists
- Excellent listening and communication skills and good judgment in interacting and communicating with the public
- Ability to work quickly and thrive under tight deadlines
- Ability to be accountable and to hold others accountable
- Willingness and ability to take direction and function well within a team structure
- Willingness to learn new skills and keep current on the news and issues that affect the campaign
- Ability to project a positive image of the Party and the campaign
- Good computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to create and update Google Documents and know or be comfortable learning to use voter data programs (PDI specifically)
- Flexibility and ability to “roll with the punches” in a fast-paced campaign
- Long and irregular schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- This is a temporary position from December 2019 – November 2020.
- Staff in this position will be employed by GroundWorks Campaigns, Inc. to work on the California Democratic Party’s 2020 Coordinated Campaign.
Rough geographic areas will be – So Cal, LA and Central Coast; Central Valley; and Bay Area / Northern CA
GroundWorks Campaigns, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, economic status or any other protected class.
Reports To: Tracy Zeluff, Field Director and Lea Grundy, Deputy Director
Please submit cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11, 2019.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com