Secretary – Legal Services (Florida Education Association) : Florida
Secretary, Legal Services
Florida Education Association
Based in Tallahassee, FL
Job Title: Secretary, Legal Services
Classification: Secretarial, FSO Bargaining Unit
Supervisor: Director, Legal Services
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
- Acknowledge and support the advancement of FEA’s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Identify, contribute to, and support new opportunities to advance FEA’s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Perform all work assignments in a manner that effectively and efficiently utilizes FEA resources.
- Contribute to and support the development and implementation of departmental and interdepartmental programs and services.
- Perform all duties, responsibilities, and assignments within the guidelines outlined in the FSO/FEA Collective Bargaining Agreement and in accordance with FEA Policies and Procedures.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary receptionist for legal services office; monitor Legal Help Desk/VM as daily morning function.
- Along with other legal secretaries, prepare and maintain all case electronic and paper files for in-house HQ counsel.
- Prepare legal correspondence, legal pleadings, documents, and briefs for the General Counsel/ Director of Legal Services, in-house attorneys, and legal services specialists.
- File appropriate pleadings with administrative agencies and courts as needed.
- Prepare all case files for closure and for audit compliance. Maintain case closure log. Prepare case closure on membership and DLMS systems.
- Maintain master calendar for HQ attorneys and legal services specialists. Record and submit legal notice to all attorneys.
- Prepare membership maintenance reports; send notice to locals, attorneys, member as determined by Director of Legal Services.
- Prepare Case Pending and Dis-Approved case reports for Director of Legal Service; as requested communicate with and resolve issues with locals or members and provide notice to NEA.
- Prepare monthly EPC calendar; send notice to counsel; and other entities as appropriate.
- Assist case in the receipt, logging and distribution cases for in-house and retained counsel. Verify membership and Input all case data into DLMS.
- Assist in case file maintenance retained counsel.
- Daily: Open, sort and date stamp all mail.
- Prepare and maintain administrative files.
- Respond to routine requests for information from Officers, Leaders and Staff.
- Assist in preparation of Committee and Delegate Assembly activities.
- Assist in the coordination off travel and hotel reservations for Director of Legal Services and legal staff.
- Assist in development and preparation of Legal Services pamphlets/flyers.
- Assist as needed with general overflow for FEA.
- Maintain attorney membership to the TBA, FLBA and ABA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Counsel/Director of Legal Services.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: The salary for this position is determined by the negotiated agreement between the Florida Education Association and the Florida Staff Organization based on credited experience. FEA provides medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term-disability insurance to its employees with no employee premiums. Additionally, FEA provides employer-paid retirement options, vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by clicking on the link provided below –
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates that apply on or before July 10, 2019 will receive preferential treatment.
FLORIDA EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Consistent with the FEA Affirmative Action Plan, minority, female, and physically challenged applicants are encouraged to apply. Please contact FEA’s Office of Human Resources at 850-201-3215 or email@example.com to request an accommodation during the application process.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com