Theatre Payroll Auditor : New York
Associated Musicians of Greater New York
AFM Local 802
Theatre Payroll Auditor
Based in New York City, NY
Local 802 is the largest local union of professional musicians in the world with a jurisdiction covering New York City, Sullivan, Nassau, and Suffolk counties, NY and parts of southwestern Connecticut. We unite to fight for the common interests of all musicians by advancing industry standards that dignify our labor and honor and enrich our art. This mission is achieved through organizing and collective bargaining as well as through legislative and political action.
The Associated Musicians of New York seeks a Theatre Payroll Auditor for Broadway Orchestra, Off Broadway, Conductor/Rehearsal, Tour, Theatrical Music Services and Music Director payrolls.
- Reconcile all In-House reports with employer payrolls
- Submit reviewed payrolls to Data Entry Department for input into proprietary system.
- Answer questions for musicians, employers (especially In-House contractors) and Local 802 staff on a wide range of payroll and contractual questions.
- Follow-up on all issues ranging from incorrect wage & benefit payments and missing/incorrect data entries
- Oversee Health and Sick Pay Fund audits twice yearly
- Field frequent AFM Pension Fund questions
- Monthly Pension Fund Allocation/Turkus for Broadway
- Compile and submit weekly AFM Pension Fund transmittals
- Work with appropriate business representatives when discussing contract payments, negotiations, issues, etc.
- Maintain Broadway rosters, resignations and active show lists
- Work closely with Union members every 6 months to help them maintain health plan coverage.
- Three to five years of auditing or accounting work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good decision making and analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple assignments to completion.
- Accounting or Business Degree
- Labor union operations knowledge and experience
- Musical Theatre industry knowledge and experience
Position is full-time and at-will. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, 401(k), pension and generous paid time off.
Local 802 AFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race or racial identity, color, religion or spiritual beliefs, creed, sex, sexual orientation gender, gender identity or expression, ethnic background, national origin, political affiliation or political beliefs, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
Send a cover letter, résumé and references to the following: Lisa Mejia, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com