Administrative Services Coordinator : California
Academic Professionals of California
Administrative Services Coordinator
Based in Sacramento, CA
APC is the union which represents the Unit Four employees of the California State University system. Unit Four employees provide vital services to the students at the 23 CSU campuses such as admissions, academic advising, financial aid, housing, disability services, learning resource services, new student orientation, career services and more.
In its role as the exclusive collective bargaining representative for all Unit Four, Academic Support employees, APC negotiates a contract with the CSU administration, represents Unit Four employees in grievances against CSU management to ensure the enforcement of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, upholds members rights, and promotes protecting intellectual freedom, improving scholarship and educational development and opportunity for Unit Four employees.
APC is a member run organization and believes in hiring hard-working and creative staff who will implement the vision of its members and who have an awareness of and dedication to workers’ rights and social justice.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing multiple projects from planning to completion
- Negotiate agreements and coordinate APC Council and Executive Board meetings including setting and achieving timelines. Assist in travel arrangements as needed and work with hotels and vendors to provide a seamless event
- Maintain accuracy and up to date data of APC membership in complex databases
- Creating reports and tools for data analysis, analyzing data and provide Executive Board with reliable recommendations
- Manage a variety of clerical, administrative and organizational tasks for the statewide office such as responding to incoming calls and emails, handling incoming/outgoing mail, filing, and processing office expenses
- Provide high administrative support to the APC President and Executive Board members
- Handle confidential and non-routing information with sensitivity
- Travel to support Council meetings and special events
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in event planning and scheduling
- Expertise in Microsoft Office especially MS Excel; Mac computers
- Experience in database management utilizing applications such as FileMaker Pro
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available and willing to work occasional extended hours, some weekends, and a flexible schedule
- Ability to work independently and without daily supervision
- At least two years of applicable work experience
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
SALARY: The starting annual salary is $48,182 for full- time exempt employment. APC offers 14 paid holidays plus 24 days personal leave annually to start.
HOW TO APPLY:
Mail or email detailed résumé, cover letter and at least two professional references with phone numbers.
APC Statewide Office
Attn: Patrick Choi
980 9th Street, 16th Floor
Sacramento, CA. 95814
Anticipated starting date: February 2020
Deadline to Apply: December 13, 2019
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com