Organizing Director : Puerto Rico
Based in San Juan, Puerto Rico
This position is responsible for leading and directing all phases of the Local’s organizing program. This position requires someone with organizing, strategic campaign development, and supervisory experience.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Works as part of a team to develop and implement strategic growth plan
- Supervise organizing staff around organizing campaigns
- Leads planning, strategy, and implementation of all organizing drives
- Develops political and community support for organizing campaigns
- Trains, supports and oversees Organizers
- Supervises staff in developing and maintaining organizing committees, including training, guidance, oversight and accountability of staff in the performance of their duties
- Coordinate the development of a member organizing brigade
- Process organizing petitions and other duties as required
- Works under the supervision of the President or his/her designee.
- Experience leading organizing campaigns in the private sector.
- At least five years of experience –preferably running campaigns private sector and three years of supervisory experience.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience with election laws and hopefully some experience with nontraditional routes to recognition and collective bargaining
- Experience with supervision, leading team building and leadership development
- Excellent bilingual verbal and written skills. Spanish is required both verbal and written
- Excellent organization skills
Salary and Benefits: Salary is depending on experience.
To Apply: send résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com