Co-Executive Director : New York
Independent Drivers Guild
Based in New York City, NY
About the Independent Drivers Guild
The Independent Drivers Guild is an IAMAW District 15 affiliate that represents over 65,000 For-Hire Vehicle drivers in New York City. The IDG is the first nonprofit labor organization to negotiate a seat at the table with a rideshare company and the first to offer crucial new protections and essential benefits while building worker power.
We are drivers in solidarity fighting for a better work environment. Together we are a powerful
force to win driver-friendly policies. Together we have contact with hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers daily. Together we are a service that generates millions of dollars. With driver activism and solidarity we will win—and can drive with dignity.
About the Position
The IDG is searching for a dynamic and committed Co-Executive Director to join our team. The Co-Executive Director is responsible for running current organizing campaigns and developing campaign strategy moving forward. Having a strong work ethic and comfort navigating a rapidly changing political agenda is a must for this role – along with fostering a positive work ethic among staff and running the day to day of a dynamic organization.
- Run the day to day operations at a large, fast paced organization with multiple departments.
- Manage staff (including payroll) of 10-20 people
- Organize strategy and run campaigns to encourage driver engagement
- Hold weekly staff meetings with internal and external IDG staff
- Coordinate and run meetings with the Driver Organizing Committee and General Membership bimonthly
- Have one on ones with leaders and organizations who are influential in the NYC driver community.
- Ability to communicate the organizational vision to members, staff, and other community organizations
- 5-10 years of Organizational management experience
- 5+ years of Labor, Community, or Political organizing experience
- Experience problem solving quickly and constantly adapting to a changing & rapid political agenda city and state wide
- Strong public speaking skills and comfort with talking to media
- Knowledge of NYC/NYS politics
- Experience with community & coalition building – ideally in NYC
- Experience running teams with different dynamics
- Ability to motivate and develop staff members and driver organizers
- The ability to expand the organizing reach of the IDG, both internally and externally
- Understanding of digital organizing strategies and communication/media strategies
- Commitment to social justice and sees organizing as a tool for change.
- Frequent late nights and weekends are to be expected with this position.
Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply using this link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/d0432c09
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com