Women in the Trades Project Manager : District of Columbia
Women in the Trades Project Manager
Community Services Agency of the Metro Washington Council, AFL-CIO
Based in Washington, DC
Community Services Agency of the Metro Washington Council, AFL-CIO is a non-profit organization with the mission to improve the lives of workers and their families by meeting their human needs, by building coalitions to promote justice for workers, and by empowering workers to make their communities better places to live, work, raise a family, and retire. Since 2007 through its BUILDING FUTURES Pre-Apprenticeship Program, the agency has recruited, trained and placed more than 1,000 DMV area men and women into registered apprenticeship programs and jobs in construction and infrastructure. As a Department of Labor – Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations WANTO FY19 Grant recipient, the agency has been charged with promoting apprenticeship and nontraditional occupation careers to women and key stakeholders in a concerted effort to increase success rates of women in these industries.
Position reports to: CSA Client Services Coordinator
Position Description: This position is responsible for coordinating the technical assistance (T.A.) committee and its initiatives in the DMV which are designed to build the capacity of registered apprenticeship programs and contractors to recruit and retain women in apprenticeship and nontraditional occupations; developing resource materials and T.A. curriculum, facilitating T.A. workshops; supporting advocacy efforts; and managing grant deliverables.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
As part of a Technical Assistance Leadership Team:
- Provide on-site and virtual technical assistance and training to apprenticeship programs and other stakeholders to improve recruitment and retention of women.
- Provide support for local and national policy initiatives related to expanding opportunity for women in nontraditional occupations including preparation of policy briefs, gathering research and documenting trends.
- Provide support for development and distribution of resource materials, curriculum, webinars and presentations for apprenticeship programs and other stakeholders to improve recruitment and retention of women.
- Coordinate and sustain collaborative relationships and regular communications with registered apprenticeship programs, government agencies, CBOs and contractors.
- Monitor achievement of project work plan objectives
- Coordinate and track performance deliverables and timelines
- Conduct event planning and coordinate logistics for conferences and meetings; maintain and update social media and web-based resources to share and promote program materials
- Provide administrative support that includes organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, assembling data and preparing reports, and management of the Initiative’s budget.
- Competitive candidates will have at a minimum some combination of the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A strong working knowledge of policies and best practices related to women in non-traditional careers, and/or apprenticeship/workforce development, equal employment opportunity, and gender equity.
- Experience in one or more of the following: workforce development programs, equal employment opportunity initiatives, efforts to build economic security for women and other underserved groups.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance, training, coaching or delivering presentations.
- Strong research, written and verbal communication, and public speaking skills.
- Experience in generating program factsheets, training materials, and reports.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strong partner and stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated success in project management with ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines and deliverables with precision and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative in leading projects and to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects and tasks.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Office programs.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full time salaried exempt position with occasional evening and weekend hours and travel in the Metro region required. Salary range is $50,000 to $60,000 depending on experience – with benefits.
Please send via email only, a cover letter detailing what in your background and experience qualifies you for this position, résumé, and two relevant writing/presentation samples. A complete response should include reference to all responsibilities and qualifications listed.
The deadline for receipt of applications is December 7, 2018. Email applications to Sylvia Casaro Dietert at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com