Organizer, Summer Brigade : New York
Organizer, Summer Brigade
Fast Food Justice
Based in New York City, NY
Fast Food Justice is a first of its kind non-profit organization of fast food workers across New York City coming together to educate and advocate for improvements in our workplace and in our communities. We have an exciting opportunity for entry level organizers to join our 10-week summer brigade and help build our organization.
About Fast Food Justice Summer Brigade: The brigade is a 10-week program that includes intensive organizer training and skill development. Participants will play an important role in helping build support for Fast Food Justice among fast food workers across New York City. We are offering our summer brigade organizers $600 a week and a weekly MetroCard provided to cover travel expenses.
- Outreach to fast food workers in New York City, to engage them in city-wide campaigns that will improve the quality of life for all New Yorkers and encourage them to join Fast Food Justice;
- Helping to educate fast food workers and community members about their rights under New York City legislation;
- Works with staff to identify and recruit new members and leaders to help improve the fast food industry and communities where fast food workers live.
- Maintain and produce regular organizing reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated interest in social justice and the ability to motivate others;
- Prior organizing or community work, or volunteer experience preferred;
- Willingness to work long or irregular hours, including on weekends as needed;
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Fluency in a second language, either Spanish, Bengali or Haitian Creole, a plus but not required;
- Ability to keep track of appointments and data.
Interested candidates may send a resume and brief letter of interest to Chio@fastfoodjustice.org. Fast Food Justice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com