Temporary Office Manager : California
Alameda Labor Council, AFL-CIO
Temporary Office Manager
The Office Manager makes the Council our most effective by ensuring a productive work environment and supporting staff, leaders and volunteers. Responsible for the office’s day-to-day operations, the Office Manager provides administrative support to the Executive Secretary-Treasurer, and ensures the successful operations of the office.
- Performs bookkeeping tasks including affiliate billing and accounts payable/receivable; tracks program budgets and costs (including COPE and special events)
- Bank reconciliations, budget preparations, tax payments
- Maintains personnel records as required by contract and law
Data management (25%)
- Maintains affiliate and volunteer database; supports community & political databases
- Maintains correspondence, including files, minutes & agendas for Executive Secretary-Treasurer
- Maintains calendar for room rental, coordinates rentals with outside organizations
- Makes travel, registration arrangements for staff & officers
- Coordinates mailings and affiliate notices
- Schedule repairs & maintenance of office equipment
- Answers telephone, greets visitors; directs questions appropriately
- Opens and distributes mail
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Internet
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational ability
- Convey friendly, positive image for Council
Interested candidates should email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com