Senior Broadcast Manager & Labor Counsel (Missouri Valley Local) : Missouri
Senior Broadcast Manager & Labor Counsel
(Missouri Valley Local)
Based in St. Louis, MO
(with some travel)
The SAG-AFTRA Missouri Valley Local representing members in the radio and television industry in St Louis, Kansas City and Omaha is looking for a skilled negotiator with strong interpersonal communications and problem solving skills to assume the position of Senior Broadcast Manager & Labor Counsel.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Extensive experience (minimum 7+ years) in working with collective bargaining agreements
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school required and be admitted to a state bar
- Entertainment industry experience preferred, but not required
They will have a track record that shows effectiveness in the following areas:
- Superlative interpersonal skills including a high degree of patience and tact
- Strong ability to develop and maintain strategic and collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Collective bargaining including work as first chair in negotiations
- All aspects of labor contract administration including contract interpretation, as well as grievance and arbitration experience
- Ability to develop member leaders and organize member involvement in their union
- Labor law experience including representing clients before administrative bodies like the National Labor Relations Board a plus
- Demonstrated capacity to listen to the needs of members and represent them in a variety of settings
- Ability to work in a very fast paced, high pressure environment requiring excellent organizational skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to take on unanticipated problems and assume responsibilities beyond normal duties
- The capacity to adapt their problem solving approaches to specific workplace and industry cultures and member needs
Work setting and reporting relationship:
The selected candidate will be part of a harmonious three–person team that includes the Local Executive Director and Membership Services Administrator based in the St. Louis suburb of Richmond Heights, MO. The Senior Broadcast Manager & Labor Counsel will work under the direction of the National Director, News & Broadcast and with the union’s News & Broadcast national team.
They will be required to travel to Kansas City and Omaha to represent members employed by radio and television stations under SAG-AFTRA contract. May also be assigned to assist staff in other locations with arbitrations and/or work before the NLRB.
More detailed information about SAG-AFTRA and the Missouri Valley Local can be found at:
Here is a list of typical responsibilities for this position:
- Negotiations – Lead Negotiator for all Missouri Valley (MO) based collective bargaining agreements (CBA’s).
- CBA Administration – Responsible for administration of all MO-based CBA’s, including but not limited to answering member, non-member and employer inquiries regarding agreements, grievance and arbitration on all claims arising from these CBA’s, personal service contracts, H&R and other benefit-related inquiries, Weingarten meetings, membership matters and dues-related inquiries as needed.
- Broadcast National Coordination – Responsible for coordination with the National Director, News & Broadcast and other staff for all broadcast matters arising out of MO-based CBA’s, including but not limited to: Ownership group coordination; providing information and updates related to MO-based broadcast negotiations and/or disputes; special attention to minimum standards on issues of national concern or with group owners; dispute resolution, grievances and arbitrations (with support and approval from Legal); participating in coordinated campaigns, bargaining or approaches to bargaining with employers.
- Broadcast National Support – May be asked to serve a lead or support in negotiations with employers in other Locals; may be asked to provide CBA administrative support to other Locals engaged in bargaining or other disputes; involves travel to other Locals.
- Broadcast Organizing – In cooperation with the National Director, News & Broadcast and Organizing, responsible for participating in, coordinating on and/or supporting organizing efforts in broadcast in MO broadcast and/or in connection with group employers with operations in Missouri.
- Legal – In coordination with Chief Broadcast Officer, General Counsel and National Director, Organizing, responsible for the administering and conducting proceedings regarding the following: NLRB (RC Elections, decertification, de-authorization, UC petitions, unfair labor practice charges, etc.); Arbitrations, EEO matters; and Legislative policy.
- Represent SAG-AFTRA as directed in collective bargaining and/or dispute resolution with local staff unions.
Competitive Salary depending on qualifications
SAG-AFTRA offers a generous benefit plan including a defined benefit pension
To be considered as an applicant, please submit the following:
- A current résumé reflecting qualifications for this position
- A Letter of Application which addresses how your career accomplishments have prepared you to assume the duties and responsibilities of this position
All materials must be sent electronically to the following:
Margolies and Potterton
SAG-AFTRA Senior Broadcast Manager & Labor Counsel Recruiters
For confidential inquiries about this position, please contact the following:
This position is open until filled.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com