APWU Special Assistant to the President – Digital Media Manager : District of Columbia
American Postal Workers Union
APWU Special Assistant to the President
Digital Media Manager
Based in Washington, DC
Job Title: APWU Special Assistant to the President – Digital Media Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Level: Commensurate with Experience
Reports To: Director of Communications
Submit applications to: jobs@@apwu.org
The Digital Media Manager is a strategic, creative thinker and implementer, who is passionate about building the American Postal Workers Union’s (APWU) online audience. The position involves designing and managing the union’s digital media operations, including websites, social media platforms, email lists, text messaging, videos, and all other online content.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Communications Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 5-7 years of digital media experience, preferably for another labor union, advocacy or membership organization.
- Strong understanding of web analytics
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
- Talented at working accurately AND quickly while under pressure with short deadlines
- Proven ability to work with a team, but capable of working independently and being self-motivated
- Demonstrated proficiency with content management systems, especially Drupal
- Organizational-level experience publishing and tracking on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Experience with Action Network or other CRM required
- Demonstrated skills in editing (text and designs), graphic layout and design (Adobe Suite a plus)
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS required
- Video production and editing skills a plus
- Experience with Hustle or other peer-to-peer text messaging tools a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with APWU personnel, members and general public.
Some travel will be required. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Weekend and evening monitoring of social media required.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com