Assistant Fund Administrator – IUOE General Pension Plan : District of Columbia
Central Pension Fund of the International Union of Operating Engineers
and Participating Employers
Assistant Fund Administrator
IUOE General Pension Plan
Based in Washington, DC
Performs administration of Defined Benefit Pension Plans covering International Staff and approximately 300 locals and related organizations in the United States and Canada. Provides wide-ranging customer service to Trustees, Professionals and Participants. Position will encompass working directly with and reporting to Fund Administrator. Position will manage office staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage all aspects of the Pension Plans including safeguarding of plan documents, processing of benefit payments, billing and collection of required contributions to the plans (including delinquent contributions), financial reporting
- Manage office staff.
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships with International, Trustees, Plan Professionals, Local Unions, as well as government agencies, attorneys, consultants, investment professionals, banks, participants and contributing employers.
- Represent the plans and trustees before stakeholders (participants, union representatives, etc. and for certain regulatory and statutory purposes (e.g. reporting and disclosure compliance)
- Adjudicate all pension applications with support and validation from the Fund Administrator.
- Prepare correspondence and communication with plan participants.
- Manage pension appeals in accordance with Plan rules
- Prepare and/or review monthly pension reconciliation and approve all fund disbursements
- Review QDRO’s and work with Fund Counsel/Actuary (if necessary) to finalize
- Review financial statements and budget reporting to the trustees.
- Maintain calendar of compliance requirements and manage all required government (U.S. and Canada) filings.
- Prepare and coordinate reports/data for Fund Auditor and Fund Actuary.
- Facilitate client meetings, including meeting agenda preparation, report generation and follow-up.
- Prepare minutes of all Board of Trustees’ meetings.
- Gain knowledge of all of the current Fund Administrator responsibilities.
- Manage multiple and ongoing projects with changing priorities.
- Provide administrative support to the Administrative Manager, Assistant Administrative Manager and Accountant, including scheduling of meetings, preparing correspondence, preparing presentations, obtaining information from plan professionals, and other similar duties as assigned.
- Monitor all Participation Agreements with Employers and assure compliance.
- Monitor all Vendor Agreements/Contracts and assure compliance and negotiate agreements/ contracts as necessary.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience (Defined Benefit Pension).
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience managing benefit calculations
- Prior experience interacting with public figures
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn confidence quickly and build harmonious working relationships with trustees, fund professionals, fund staff.
- Highly developed sense of professionalism, maturity, integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, manage multiple priorities and consistently deliver high-caliber results.
- Ability to understand complex situations and effectively resolve issues.
- Understanding of benefits operations and processes (pension), to include payment of claims, interpretation of contracts, communication of benefits, etc.
- Knowledge of investment and actuarial matters
- Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills, with the ability to optimize the use of all available resources and deliver on multiple priorities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem resolution skills; ability to exercise independent, sound judgment.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary
- Demonstrated experience with systems used for benefit plan administration and with the Microsoft Office Suite. Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with accounting software, specifically Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for the above position, please submit your résumé via email to: email@example.com.
The International Union of Operating Engineers General Pension Plan is an Equal Opportunity workplace.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com