Hospital Campaign Senior Communications Specialist : Wisconsin
Hospital Campaign Senior Communications Specialist
Grade: UUR III
Based in Milwaukee, WI
Starting Salary is $73,808.00/ Yr.
Will require travel across Midwest and to Washington , D.C.
Purpose of Position:
SEIU Healthcare’s hospital campaign unites workers and communities across the Midwest with a demand for good, union jobs. We demand accountability to our communities from healthcare employers, elected leaders, and political candidates. We will drive the ever-growing demands for a voice on the job with strong unions, a $15/hr. wage floor, and an economy that works for us, to win for working people across the Midwest.
Develop and execute strategic communications plans and materials for SEIU Healthcare’s Midwest hospital campaign, including external media relations, ongoing communications with SEIU members and hospital workers, and ongoing communications coordination with partner campaigns and other stakeholders.
Provide high-level strategy recommendations as a member of the campaign’s senior team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform a wide range of duties as assigned by the International Union, including, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the development and execution of vibrant and cohesive communications strategy for SEIU Healthcare’s Midwest hospital campaign. Work directly with campaign staff, Healthcare division staff, and local staff to create and share messaging and materials, drive engagement of workers and other stakeholders, and build awareness of the hospital campaign.
- Work directly with SEIU members, hospital workers, and community members to build engagement and increase message reach.
- Write and develop talking points and campaign materials, op-eds, background pieces, fact sheets, press kit materials, leaflets, brochures, and other collateral materials as needed for the campaign.
- Coordinate event/action logistics, including calendar, materials, spokesperson preparation, photo and video needs, media outreach, etc.
- Monitor news outlets for information useful to SEIU organizing, political action, community engagement, and bargaining campaigns, and other union programs.
- Work with digital strategy, communications, and design teams to produce multi-media materials for campaign.
- Coordinate hospital campaign communications strategy with other SEIU locals and campaigns.
- Perform other duties as required to assist the International Union.
- Must be available for frequent travel with overnight stays required. Long and irregular hours.
Scope and Nature of Supervision:
- Must be able to act and organize time with extreme independence. This person will spend time across the Midwest working with campaign staff, local leaders and members, hospital workers, and community partners in order to implement and execute communications strategy.
- A high level of judgment, ability to take initiative and work independently; must be able to work with union members, leaders, and staff in complex and sometimes political situations.
- Must be able to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Reports to the Midwest Hospital Campaign Communications Strategy Director and Healthcare Division Communications Director.
Previous Work Experience:
- Priority given to candidates with real-world communications and organizing experience regardless of formal education.
- Five or more years of work in communications, organizing, media relations, public affairs, political campaign communications, and/or advocacy work.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing digital strategy plans and content for advocacy campaigns.
- Previous experience with the labor movement or other advocacy organizations preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and forthrightly with campaign team and other stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of communications tools for media outreach, education, advocacy, and audience-building.
- Familiarity with organizing and political campaign strategies.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
Probationary Period: Twelve months
A résumé is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/nhjbyd9tntb5qtsp
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com