Secretary – Headquarters : District of Columbia
American Postal Workers Union
Job Title: Secretary
Location: Headquarters – Washington, DC
Shift: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reports to: Secretary-Treasurer and/or his/her designee(s)
Submit Résumés to: email@example.com
Under direction of the Secretary-Treasurer or his/her designee, gives information to callers, assists with projects, and otherwise relieves Secretary-Treasurer and/or designee of clerical and administrative details by performing the following duties with limited supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include, but are not limited to, those listed below. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Transcribes correspondence, memorandums, briefs, etc., from hand-written notes; composes and types routine correspondence; helps prepare letters and acknowledgments.
- Answers telephone, directs calls to appropriate officers, takes messages, furnishes requested information if possible, and places outgoing calls.
- Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and escorts visitors to the respective officer.
- Assists in maintenance and processing of charges and/or appeals.
- Opens mail as requested and routes incoming and outgoing mail to appropriate person(s).
- Sets up and maintains routine and personal files, including establishing new files and purging closed files,
- Operates office equipment (e.g.) computers, typewriters, scanners, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Helps prepare appropriate responses to mail and phone requests including but not limited to bonds, insurance policies, Department of Labor, Internal Revenue Service, mergers, scholarships, and Local issues, including but not limited to Article 3, Article 16 and Article 20..
- Arranges travel and reservations as requested. Assists in arranging meetings, conferences, webinars agenda preparation, gathering information and contacting participants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Two years work experience preferred.
- Typing: 45 wpm
- Ability to perform duties on the computer utilizing the appropriate application and other office software products (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.), as well as the willingness to learn additional software programs.
- Ability to use office equipment such as copiers, scanners, fax, etc.
- Performs duties with neatness and accuracy.
- Be dependable, responsible, have initiative, and demonstrate good telephone courtesy.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with APWU personnel, members, and the general public.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com