Worksite Organizer : New Jersey, New York
SEIU Committee of Interns and Residents (CIR)
Covering New York City and New Jersey
The Committee of Interns and Residents, the largest resident physicians’ union in the country, is to fill a Worksite Organizer position with assignments that cover New York City and New Jersey. This assignment will be primarily in New York.
CIR is a nationwide, progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 15,000 resident physicians. We fight to protect the workplace rights of doctors-in-training and improve the delivery of quality health care.
CIR is committed to fully engaging our physician-members on hospital worksite and CIR issues. To accomplish this, we need highly driven and committed individuals who have strong interpersonal communications skills, and can effectively solve problems. Organizers are responsible for building a strong CIR presence in the hospital worksite, developing member leaders, negotiating and enforcing the collective bargaining agreement and developing strategic relationships within the hospital and the community.
What you gain from a position with CIR:
- Hands-on experience enforcing a collective bargaining agreement for physicians, with the opportunity to develop and implement new ways of engaging physicians in their worksites.
- Opportunity to work directly with physicians-in-training, gaining an understanding of front line providers in the hospital setting.
- Opportunity to address issues related to access of affordable quality healthcare.
- Opportunity to develop skills in contract negotiations, health care economics and political advocacy.
- Competitive salary: $45,000-$78,000; commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
- Minimum 4 year degree, BA/BS
- Prior union or other organizing (political/community) experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage conflict and adversarial situations
- Ability to work independently, think critically, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
In addition to a résumé, we require a compelling cover letter that gives us a clear picture of who you are, and why you want to be a worksite organizer at CIR. Please send your résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: NY/NJ Worksite Organizer Position.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com