Senior Business Representative : Illinois
Senior Business Representative
Based in Chicago, IL
Actors’ Equity Association, the union of professional theater actors and stage managers in the United States, is hiring a Business Representative in its Chicago office. Actors’ Equity is a national union affiliated with the AFL-CIO, with 51,000 members – and growing. The Senior Business Representative supervises and leads the staff that handles matters related to collective bargaining, contract administration and organizing with regard to various agreements.
Worker Category: Full-Time Regulay
- Oversees the management of matters related to collective bargaining in assigned areas of the Union’s jurisdiction, including serving as or assisting the lead negotiator on agreements.
- Supervises and leads a team of Business Representatives in the administration of collective bargaining agreements in assigned areas, including:
- High-level analysis and interpretation of contractual provisions, financial data and industry trends.
- Addressing contractual disputes with AEA bargaining partners, including overseeing the processing of grievances and claims prior to arbitration.
- Supervises regional staff, including work direction, performance management, hiring and termination.
- Engages with elected leadership and member committees on matters related to internal union procedures.
- Assists in strategic organizing objectives in areas of AEA core jurisdiction.
- Creates a workplace culture of excellence in service of AEA members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Capacity to work collaboratively using available resources and strategic planning required
- High level of competency in carrying out objective analysis and decision making required
- Aptitude for creating metrics to both manage and measure work required
- Experienced supervisor skills in performance management; prioritizing and delegating work
- Excellent spoken and written presentation abilities alongside outstanding communication skills needed
- Proficient negotiating skills, including drafting of proposals and contract language
- Demonstrated understanding of theater industry business practices, preferred
- Computer savvy; experience with CRM a plus
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Reliable transportation preferred.
- Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as AEA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its organizational needs. Work in the evening and/or on a weekend may be necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience. Advanced degree in relevant field preferred
- 4-7 years of professional experience related to managing contractual relationships, or equivalent experience required.
- Prior supervisory or managerial experience in a labor organization or in the performing arts strongly preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent individual and family health benefits
- Employer-funded defined benefit pension plan
Please submit a cover letter and résumé.
Applications without these elements will not be considered.
Please APPLY HERE
Actors’ Equity Association is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in the workplace regardless of age, gender and gender identity, race/ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com