Lead Organizer – Maine Healthcare Organizing Project : Maine
Maine Healthcare Organizing Project
The Maine Healthcare Organizing Project is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Lead Organizer. The successful candidate will work on RN and other health professionals organizing campaigns in Maine.
This is full-time position for a union organizer in a multi-location organizing project supported by AFT Maine and the American Federation of Teachers. Lead Organizers are responsible for all aspects of a campaign including one-on-one visits, building relationships with workers, developing issues-based organizing plans, and for recruiting and sustaining motivation of organizing committee members and activists, as well as mentoring staff in performing the above tasks, and offering high level strategic input. The Maine Healthcare Organizing Project seeks experienced organizers with a strong commitment to organizing for power in defense of quality care and fair treatment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently and leading a team.
- Must have experience creating plans and setting goals, and a track record of reaching them.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to work with a diverse population.
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Must be competent in computer/web functions, including email and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Significant knowledge of and experience in union organizing is highly required.
- Ability to take direction and work well on a team.
- Must be willing to work long and variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be available to travel across Maine including occasional overnights.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license and insured vehicle required.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- This position is covered by a AFT staff collective bargaining agreement.
- Fully paid health benefits, dental benefits, life insurance and 401(k).
- Leave includes vacation, personal, religious and sick days.
- Travel and expense reimbursements.
How to apply:
PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED INFORMATION –
Please provide a cover letter, résumé, and names, email addresses, and best phone numbers for a minimum of two references, indicating their occupation/position as it relates to the applicant’s abilities/experience.
The ideal candidate should be available to start immediately.
Equal Opportunity Employer and all are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com