UFCW Sr. Social Media Manager : District of Columbia
UFCW Sr. Social Media Manager
UFCW is seeking a Sr. Social Media Manager to implement the Communications Department’s responsibilities, in particular, social media community management, increasing audience engagement, and managing digital measurement and monitoring. Additionally, this role will support member communications and develop digital communications training for local unions. This position will guide adoption of new technology, digital products and process across the department and organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Assistant Director with developing digital and social content strategy and counsel Communications Director on long-term planning.
- Responsible for managing UFCW Action communications programs (email, blog, social media, and owned media) and overseeing the development of original content. Establish online UFCW communities, increase and track digital engagement with UFCW members and allies.
- Works with Data Director to establish social media data and analytics program with ongoing testing and media monitoring and analysis. Manage quarterly, and annual analytics and metrics reports.
- Creates social media content that engages UFCW’s priority audiences.
- Help local unions’ establish their own analytics and tracking programs.
- Creates digital communications programs to enhance organizing and bargaining campaigns.
- Develops workshops and trainings to roll out new digital products and practices to local unions.
- Develops outreach plan to build relationships with online influencers (including targets). Develops campaigns and opportunities to coordinate campaigns with other digital teams at allied groups and organizations.
- Keeps UFCW’s communications current on emerging technology and social community trends.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in digital communications, public relations, social media strategy, with a strong working knowledge in social media analytics.
- Team player, amazing story-teller, able to translate information into visual (video, photo, and graphic) executions.
- Experience managing partnerships and coordinating with outside organizations.
- Strong social communications and presentation skills. Ability to write, design and edit communications and web content.
- Experience with basic web design. Experience using with Netbase, IQ, Quid, Pathar or other monitoring and analytics tools.
- Graphic design skills and experience working with PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop or Final Cut Pro, not required but desirable.
- Work requires frequent last minute travel and/or frequent irregular or unpredictable hours.
UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
Fulltime position; posting closes when position is filled.
To apply send cover letter, resume and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org
O’Keefe Search is dedicated to building strength in progressive organizations and to helping social justice and labor activists find the right job.
We work extensively with organizers, communicators, researchers and their managers, to help match candidates with their ideal jobs.
John O’Keefe has specialized in recruiting for progressive organizations for over fifteen years. Prior to spending five years as Recruiting Director for 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East, the largest local labor union in the country, he spent 20 years helping high tech companies grow and was acknowledged as one of the top recruiters in the United States. Besides running a highly successful search firm, he served as the President of the Texas Association of Personnel Consultants, the largest state association in the industry and as President of the Pinnacle Society, an organization of the top 75 recruiters in the United States.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com