Economic Research Analyst – Economics & Contracts Department : District of Columbia
International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Economic Research Analyst
Economics & Contracts Department
The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is seeking a Research Analyst for its Economics & Contracts Department.
The primary duty of the position is conduct economic, financial, and collective bargaining research on companies and industries to assist in contract negotiations.
- Consolidates, reads, analyzes information, and writes reports, as requested.
- Manipulates statistic data and prepares graphs and charts to be used in department reports.
- Reviews, interprets, and compares language from collective bargaining agreements and develops model language as needed.
- Conducts statistical analyses on industry trades, strike activity, and labor contracts as needed.
- Analyzes financial reports (Form 10-Ks, annual reports, Proxy Statements, etc.) to determine a company’s overall financial condition as needed.
- Represents the interests of the Director, or designee, of the Economics & Contracts Department at meetings, conferences, and seminars, by presenting research results to IBT leadership, staff, or outside individuals and groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Industrial relations, Statistics and/or Mathematics required. Advanced degree preferred.
- One to two years of experience conducting research in a professional environment required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC, Microsoft Office suite production (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint), and databases required.
- Ability to travel as required.
Competitive salary and benefits packages offered.
Please contact Jacquelyn L. Brown, International Brotherhood of Teamsters, 25 Louisiana Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001, or at email@example.com.
The IBT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com