Senior Benefits Specialist – International Pension Fund : District of Columbia
International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
Senior Benefits Specialist
International Pension Fund
Based in Washington, DC
Washington DC based International Union is seeking a Senior Benefits Specialist for our International Pension Fund (IPF).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Pre-Retirement Services and Retirement Services Team Leaders with providing written responses, reviewing communications and correspondence concerning plan participant pension status, requests for pension hours and credits and eligibility for benefits.
- Assist with incoming mail and telephone inquiries relating to IPF and IPF-Canada eligibility, service credits, breaks in service rules and applying for benefits.
- Assist with the maintenance of records relating to the pre-retirement and retirement correspondence, participant reports and processed pensioner files.
- Assist with coordinating mailed or emailed with Plan participants, union representatives and other interested parties regarding records, rights and benefits.
- Participates in the preparation of monthly reports to the Board of Trustees and other plan committees.
- Facilitate the uploading and retrieval of documents from participants and Local Unions via a web-based portal.
- Performs special projects which may be assigned from time to time by office executives.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency as a benefits examiner or prior supervisory experience at a multi-employer pension fund.
- Knowledge of computer data processing programs and network-based software packages.
- Knowledge of ERISA and how it applies to multi-employer plans.
- Ability to read, understand and apply the Rules and Regulations of the IPF, IPF-Canada, RSP and merged local Plans accurately to determine eligibility for benefits.
- The ability to organize and accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assume responsibility for both accuracy and completeness of work assignments.
- Experience with working with large databases.
- Ability to communicate complex issues both orally and in writing to a range of interested parties including plan participants and beneficiaries.
- Familiarity with computer application systems and networked based software packages.
We are convenient to Metro and offer a generous benefit package including pension, full medical insurance, 401(k), commuting cost assistance and a free onsite fitness center.
Please send cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com