Receptionist : California
United Domestic Workers of America
(AFSCME Local 3930)
Based in Rocklin, CA
Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator, the Receptionist performs administrative and office support activities from the field office. The receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing call to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisitions of supplies as well as general clerical duties.
UDW Home Care Providers Union/AFSCME Local 3930 is a statewide labor union that represents more than 100,000 home care providers in 11 counties in California. Founded in 1979, UDW is a diverse, progressive labor organization that seeks dynamic, committed individuals who will support our members and those for whom they care locally, statewide and at the national level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet members, providers, vendors and visitors in a professional manner.
- Answer and screen telephone calls and transfer to the appropriate individual.
- Check general voicemail messages and distribute to the appropriate staff.
- Facilitate communication between the UDW field offices and Headquarters.
- Sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and emails, in a time-sensitive manner.
- Sign for and distribute delivered packages.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to copying, faxing mailing and filing.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of member, provider and staff information.
- Assist in sorting and filing, both numerically and alphabetically.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, fax machine, calculators and copiers.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization and general administration.
- Computer literate, including internet research abilities.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively in team settings, as well as independently.
- If required to drive, must possess a valid California driver’s license, auto insurance that registration.
- If required to drive, must comply with UDWA’s Driver Policy.
- Proficient Communication
- Customer/Member Focus
- Technical Capacity
To Apply for This Position:
Mail, email or fax a detailed résumé, cover letter, and three professional references to:
In subject: Title of Position (applying for)
Mail: UDWA/AFSCME Local 3930
c/o Human Resources
4855 Seminole Drive
San Diego, CA 92115
Fax: (619) 640-9903
Attn: Human Resources
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com