Campaign Director : California
San Francisco Labor Council, AFL-CIO
Based in San Francisco, CA
The San Francisco Labor Council is a metropolitan labor body in Northern California. We represent over 100,000 union members and their families who live and/or work in San Francisco. The Campaign Director is responsible for the development and implementation of assigned electoral, legislative, issue and related campaigns, as well as comprehensive campaigns in support of organizing and collective bargaining.
The Campaign Director will help build community support and develop coalitions with Council affiliates, elected officials, worker centers and other constituency organizations in order to promote the interests of the Council and labor movement overall.
As appointed staff, the Campaign Director works under the supervision of the Executive Director in this at-will position. This position is salaried and compensation is competitive and based upon experience. Fully paid health and retirement benefits are included in the compensation package.
Submit your résumé no later than July 27th, 2018, to: Rudy Gonzalez, Interim Executive Director Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Via Fax: (415) 440-9297.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Council leadership to determine campaign goals;
- Coordinate with Unions, political allies and community groups to build support and develop strategy on assigned campaigns;
- Help develop and implement campaigns, including but not limited to political field operations in support of Council endorsed candidates & issues and other campaigns to support affiliates;
- Utilize advanced data management tools and techniques to conduct voter targeting;
- Provide data and technological guidance on issue and electoral campaigns;
- Administer, support, and train users on voter file system, e.g. Labor Activist Network (LAN);
- Oversee the Council’s annual political campaign calendar, candidate recruitment, and endorsement process;
- Participate in public affairs events, organizing programs, educational activities, picket lines, rallies, or other duties as assigned;
- Participate in the development and implementation of campaign budgets;
- Represent the Council within organized labor and to the general public as assigned;
- A commitment to social and economic justice and the labor movement
- At least 5 years of organizing experience in organized labor
- 3 years proven lead-level organizing experience
- Strong coalition building and facilitation skills across a diverse set organizations and constituents
- Ability to independently manage projects from conception to completion
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, collaborate as part of a team, work in a deadline-driven environment
- Strategic judgment, flexibility, creativity, and initiative
- Willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekends when necessary
- Willingness to sign and honor an agreement protecting the integrity of union and partner data;
- Computer familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using Adobe InDesign or other graphic design software preferred;
- Experience reading and using qualitative and quantitative research (e.g. polling and focus groups) preferred;
- Ability to produce mobilization fliers and newsletters; Internet and communications skills preferred;
- Familiarity with SF Ethics, FPPC and other relevant regulatory statues preferred.
The San Francisco Labor Council is committed to diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and interested in applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and genders.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com