Coordinator of Field Services for Public Sector Workers : Massachusetts
Coordinator of Field Services for Public Sector Workers
Based in Marlborough, MA
General Description of Position
SEIU Local 509 is a fast growing union in Massachusetts representing 20,000 human service workers and educators in both the public and private sector. Our local is comprised of 5 sectors: state workers, private human service workers, family child care providers, higher education faculty and clinicians. We are seeking an experienced coordinator to lead our 8,300 public sector members.
Example of Duties:
- Supervises team of internal organizers
- Develops and implements leadership development plans throughout public sector chapters
- Oversees all negotiations for state workers
- Coordinates communication with the MARC concerning grievances
- Consults with and advises chapter leadership regarding chapter issues, strategies and tactics
- Coordinates with member organizer/leaders in creating, implementing and engaging in various campaigns (both issue and membership based)
- Plans, develops and coordinate leadership development of the childcare membership
- Develops and implements organizing and political action plans.
- Advises and directs stewards and officers on internal organizing.
- Meets with management to discuss various issues
- Attends membership, chapter and local meetings
- Responds to member concerns and complaints
- Performs related work as required
- Evaluates work performance of staff
Reports to the Director of Field Services
Supervises team of internal organizers and member leaders on lost-time
- At least 4 years of union experience at a senior level and at least 1 year supervisory experience
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Willingness to work long hours, travel in and out of Massachusetts, and work on weekends and evenings
- Good understanding of the changing legal framework of public sector collective bargainin
- Good knowledge of contract interpretation, and federal and state employment laws
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Web based membership databases such as: Emembership, VAN, or Unionware
SEIU Local 509 offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
SEIU Local 509 is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity — women, people of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit a résumé, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for application is March 2, 2018. No phone calls please.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com